Have a video play at start

CommodoreBlitz

well, that's why I said I wanted to play it before a save was loaded sorta like a game intro then the player is dropped back to the main menu that way there is no way for any "death" to happen as the player is not really in the game yet.

If this can't be done (tho to me it sounds like it should be a simple thing (I mean I've done it in a simple way with GTA San A. by just renaming a video and putting my video in place of the intro video for that game and my video played instead of the original) If even this can't be done then perhaps I could have it play as soon as the player left the Doctors house at the start of the game, tho the problem with this is that some parts of my mod are well a starting player (lvl 1-6 I think) could not make in in some areas I have set up.

You all seem very knowledgeable well I have you here any chance you might have a answer to my other question over here (so far no replies)Link

It doesn't matter that you did this in San Andreas, this game engine doesn't have intro movies, it uses a slide show, the intro movie is played "inside the game" after data is loaded and processing for a new game. You can't play a movie before you load a save, the games engine is technically not even functioning until you give it data to process. Having your movie play from a trigger outside the Docs house is ok, however, it won't play unless the player goes to the porch and triggers it. I'm not trying to knock your idea, I do feel you need to think a little further down the road about players that install your mod after starting a new game, or those that don't want their game hijacked by a mod at a bad time.

well, as far as know anything around location I have made the game seems to work ok (other then extra lag near one of my new loc as I state in that link to my other problem) seem to still work, like npc spawning (I got atk by random creatures etc) well testing. I am thinking now I am going to have the video play when a player enters a building I've made, tho I have no idea how to do that. I have seen people use an activator on say a bench, you sit down and there video played but how to you use it on a door?

well, that's why I said I wanted to play it before a save was loaded sorta like a game intro then the player is dropped back to the main menu that way there is no way for any "death" to happen as the player is not really in the game yet.

If this can't be done (tho to me it sounds like it should be a simple thing (I mean I've done it in a simple way with GTA San A. by just renaming a video and putting my video in place of the intro video for that game and my video played instead of the original) If even this can't be done then perhaps I could have it play as soon as the player left the Doctors house at the start of the game, tho the problem with this is that some parts of my mod are well a starting player (lvl 1-6 I think) could not make in in some areas I have set up.

You all seem very knowledgeable well I have you here any chance you might have a answer to my other question over here (so far no replies)Link

It doesn't matter that you did this in San Andreas, this game engine doesn't have intro movies, it uses a slide show, the intro movie is played "inside the game" after data is loaded and processing for a new game. You can't play a movie before you load a save, the games engine is technically not even functioning until you give it data to process. Having your movie play from a trigger outside the Docs house is ok, however, it won't play unless the player goes to the porch and triggers it. I'm not trying to knock your idea, I do feel you need to think a little further down the road about players that install your mod after starting a new game, or those that don't want their game hijacked by a mod at a bad time.

The video at the beginning is not hardcoded, there's a quest script that makes the video play... Just saying

• 3 weeks later...

well,

I've changed my focus to using a object to trigger a video instead. I just tried to put a playbink script on a door so when you open the door it plays the video. but seems I did something wrong. this door is about 3 floors down way away from the entrance. But when I entered the building on the top floor the video played right away....seems somehow even tho the script is only on the door far away from the entrance.

my script is very simple which might be why it did not work correctly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

script name playvideo

playbink "file name" 11111

---------------------------------------------------------

So if you where playing its sorta like the ending movie play at the start of the game....that kinda hurts the story a bit.......