New redesign implemented

Dark0ne

However, there is now another problem... after you added the new images in the background, it's now practically impossible for me, who has ADSL internet, to scroll and view content. It's... slower than slowmotion. Browsing the page where I'm supposed to maintain my mods is absolutely impossible.

Emma!! :facepalm:

I don't think that's your connection, I think it's your computer. Or, dare I say it, that god awful browser you're using...!

I'll look in to fast-tracking an option in the preferences to turn off the background image.

:blush:

Dark0ne, you need to add a give-icecream smiley or something, so that we have something more than the thumbsup to use when we want to show how much we appreciate your efforts. :)

Thank you for listening, and I'm sorry for being such a PITA, but I'm thinking that if I have a problem, others might have the same problem, and therefore I mention it.

I don't think it's my Dell XPS M1730 causing the problems, it's more likely my awf.... uhm... browser, but apparently (according to the comments) there are several of us that are depending on this browser for working/school reasons.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There you said it yourself: The wasted space is of course not a problem in itself.
No, I never claimed that. I have complained about it a couple of times, but said why too, as have many others.

Well then name the child by its name I would suggest instead of complaining about the wasted space, duh.
But I think anyone who wants to, understand why it is a problem, especially since the problems the wasted space cause have been mentioned many times.

And I gracefully oversee your unintelligent use of the word stupid.
No, you don't - unless commenting something is the same as overseeing it, which it isn't. :P

But I see from this post that you easily understood that the wasted space was not the main or only problem, but instead acted like you didn't understand it. Now, I have no problem seeing that joking a bit with all us grumpy users may be tempting and maybe even in place, but your second post only confirmed that you indeed were acting a bit, stupid in that sense, or what?

By the way its called ease of use 2x. :wink:
Thanks. English is not my native language, so errors tend to sneak in here and there.

Not at all a fan of the new look. This feels like it went to the way of netflix. Sure it looks flashier but as a user who wants to easily search for mods, the functionality is gone. I can only brow one coloumn of mods at a time, where as before, I had a rows and rows of mods. I checked preferences and I'm not seeing anything that lets me change that.

I honestly loved the older lay out. I say that, not because it is familiar to me, but when I discovered the whole nexus network, I found the sites to be excellent in lay out and functionality. Loved it.

Sad day for me I guess :sad:

ok editing this post, taken a good look into the features

all in all theres some good stuff and some parts needs some work, dont like thge design, but thats my opinion, just seems so ... i dunno, er, borderlandish?

Edited by biosman

I have a request/recommendation/proposition:

The green buttons of "Download", "Vote for me", "Endorse me" for each file...

I think they should be just a top of where the "Unique d/ls", "Total d/ls", "Total views" are. In other words, under the ad that's between then.

I think it's a bit confusing for "Download", "Vote for me", "Endorse me" section to be so far away from the "Unique d/ls", "Total d/ls", "Total views" section.

Edited by hlvr

I can neither reach http://www.newvegasnexus.com/ nor http://thenexusforums.com, but the other sites like http://www.witchernexus.com/, http://www.fallout3nexus.com/ and http://tesnexus.com/ work fine.

The error occurs whether I am using Firefox 6 or IE9. The New Vegas Nexus as well as the Forum get a timeout and cannot be loaded.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, but I just can't search all the posts manually.

On the new design: So far, it looks nice. Some minor rough edges here an there, but I'm sure all that will be taken care of in with the next tweaks or isn't really an issue.

Thanks for all the hard work and dedication!

I am sorry if this comment has already been made, or if I am simply being dense, but I would say that the missing Advanced search option, and the ability to refine by category that was on the last site build is a must for this sight. I found it very useful. If this feature is here, I apologize, but would definitely say that a clear link from the nexus home-page to an advanced search option is a must, it would make file browsing much more accessible. Also I have noticed that with the new image viewing set up on the sight, unconventionally shaped images (such as a cropped character profile) become warped and stretched in the quick view windows, spoiling the pages aesthetics. (NPC remodeling project is the one I noticed) I want to make it clear that I am not moaning, I think that the new site is awesome, I am just looking to be helpful. :)