New redesign implemented

Dark0ne

If nothing works - it's on your end as it is working for thousands of users. We cannot fix your computer for you, You are actually going to have to some of the work. However, we can make suggestions as to what needs fixing if you tell us a little about your system, like what browser and what version it is.

Try turning off any ad blocking program to see if that is blocking. Make sure your Antivirus isn't blocking.

BTW, I have lost count of how many times I have posted that we no longer support the obsolete IE7 browser. And have no plans to make it work with IE7. If you are using IE7, upgrade to IE8 or even IE9. Then be sure the IE7 compatibility switch is set to OFF.

Here are LHammonds's test results with the most popular browsers.

LHammonds tests for the New Nexus sites - if you don't read the entire thing please don't post that you cannot get a feature to work.

I performed this same test on August 24, 2011 as noted here --> Click me

Firefox is the Nexus-recommended browser (so says me). I initially could not get content loaded when going tab to tab such as the Files tab, images tab, etc. but I realized NoScript was blocking it so once I allowed all scripts to run, it worked fine after that.

Dark0ne tries to make the site work well with Firefox and Internet Explorer...anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

I have tested the following browsers:

Firefox Portable 6.0

Google Chrome Portable 13.0.782.112

Iron Portable 13.0.800 (based on Google Chromium)

Opera Portable 11.50

Maxthon Portable 3.1.5.1000

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

NOTE: The above "portable" browsers can be used by anyone. They do not require "installation" so there is zero impact on your computer...simply extract them, run the program to test it out, then delete once done. All tests were performed with the software as configured straight "out-of-the-box" without any tweaks or changes.

Check List Tests:

Can login and remain logged in from page to page (while browsing and downloading)

Can see mod page description, files, comments and images.

Can download mods over 2MB in size.

Can create mod page (modder action)

Can set and remove search tags.

Can upload files to mod page (modder action).

Can upload images to mod page.

Can add comments on mod page.

Can upload images to imageshare (modder action).

Can add comments on imageshare.

Test results / notes for Google Chrome:

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Side note: Holy-moly Batman! The staff "delete file" option is an instant delete link that asks for no verification. Scary indeed. Please add a confirmation for deletion since it is very possible we might be thinking "delete file" as in an individual file...not "delete mod page and all content"

Test results / notes for Firefox

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Test results / notes for Opera

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Test results / notes for Maxthon

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Test results / notes for Iron

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Test results / notes for Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Success

Based on the above test results, all major site functions I have tested have been addressed and fixed by Dark0ne.

LHammonds (aka Conan_Lon)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I've had a chance to play around with the redesign, I like it. Given it enough time and it grows on you. The last stumbling block was getting used to scrolling to the bottom of the page to get to the links to files recently updated or uploaded.

Lots of thought and hard work went into this. Kudos. Nice job.

BYW - I use Firefox, Safari, and Chrome (in that order) as web browsers and newvegasnexus works fine in all of them.

Now that I've had a chance to play around with the redesign, I like it. Given it enough time and it grows on you. The last stumbling block was getting used to scrolling to the bottom of the page to get to the links to files recently updated or uploaded.

Lots of thought and hard work went into this. Kudos. Nice job.

BYW - I use Firefox, Safari, and Chrome (in that order) as web browsers and newvegasnexus works fine in all of them.

Did you figure out how to get not only columns but also rows when browsing files? I can't find a way to display it like the old design. Its like if excel didn't allow you to use anything but A1, B1, C1, etc etc. inferior in a functional standpoint of view.

Any chance of selecting a different DAO picture for the left-side panel of the DANexus background?

The reason for asking is because with anything less than a full wide-screen-width browser window open, the focus of the image (a pre-release concept art pic of Morrigan) get cropped so that one completely misses the point, and it certainly isn't recognizably "DAO".

This is in direct contrast to the right-side panel, which features the iconic (trailer and box-art) pic of "Hawke" for DA2.

Screenshots of the issue, and an alternative, below.

Current DANexus look (3 screenies, 1.5MB png):

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1317344238.png

Alternative for left-side panel with same "concept-art" Morrigan (0.5MB jpg):

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1317345893.jpg

Just a thought... :whistling:

Hi!

After some time with the new design, I'll say that I don't even remember how the old one looked like. Although, I liked it.

The reason for posting was to give a suggestion.

Currently, there's this 'action' bar:

Action log - Track - Report - Add images - Required files - Credits & Permissions - Contact author

and there's main bar:

Description - Files - Images - Comments - Discussions - Tags - ReadMe - (videos?)

And there's a lot space for more.

My suggestion is to move Action log, Required files and Credits&Permissions to lower large bar to make these imho important categories more exposed.

Credits & Permissions is something that gets lot of attention here and is taken seriously so I think that it is in best interest that this field gets bigger icon and more exposed location.

Required files (and files that require this file) is imho one quite awesome feature and it is a pity that it is not used as much as it should be. Maybe the reason is that the icon is almost hidden in small bar?

One thing that would be cool to have in small action bar (or even in big one or somewhere else) is 'Author's other files'.

And one more thing (/Columbo), maybe for some future update, the page header (with search bar, user name and other stuff) could me made so that it has fixed position - I mean, that it is always on top of the screen as we scroll down?

That's all for now. I hope you'll find my suggestions positive. Congratulations on anniversary and implementation of new design.

hello ive been a hugh fan of the nexus for years, however this new design setup despite what some are saying does not work for many people, i have tried many times all the "fixes" suggested, so have many people i know who used to use nexus constantly. nothing works, ive been unable to download anything for a long while now, and the forum page also lagged like a monster. the issue isnt on the end on the users, this is an issue with the servers settings. perhaps its best to consider "less is more" ? a way to actess nexus via original setup for those who the "new" one is making life harder? but turning a blind eye to the issue isnt going to make this go away, nor blaming the users computers. I find this lack of action on the nexus teams end a real tragic turn of events being a long time fan.

Actually, the new sites ARE working for most people. And therefore the problems are NOT the fault of the site. For those who want the old sites back - well they are gone. The new site works with completely different code and the old code is no longer compatible. To make the old code work again would require another complete mirror of the site with all new servers and everything copied - Much too expensive and time consuming.

Here are some suggestions for troubleshooting. Put in a spoiler as it is a large file.

The new site has been tested with all of the popular browsers. It works.

We cannot fix your computer for you. However, we can give advice on what may be the problem.

We no longer support IE7. It is obsolete. If you have a newer version of IE and are using compatibility mode - you are effectively using IE7.

Some security programs - firewalls, antivirus, antispyware, pop up blockers etc can block the sites from working properly.

What we need to give advice What Operating System? WinXP, Vista, Win7. (we don't have any info on Win8 yet) What browser? and what version? IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera etc. What security add ons to your browser? Ad blockers, pop up blockers etc.

More info You could try a portable version of the browser - It doesn't need to be installed at all. and can work from a USB stick. If it works with the portable version, and not your installed version of the same browser then the problem is likely some add on or setting on your end. While we cannot fix your end, we can give some advice as to what you can do to fix it. To give advice, we need as much information on your browser and settings as you can give us.

To find the portable version of your preferred browser, (If it is not shown ) google it. Here is a site that has several: http://www.portablefreeware.com/?sc=8

NOTE: IE7 is NOT supported, and will not be in the future as it is obsolete.

Here are LHammonds test results for the New Nexus sites using a variety of portable browsers

Quote Firefox is the Nexus-recommended browser (so says me). I initially could not get content loaded when going tab to tab such as the Files tab, images tab, etc. but I realized NoScript was blocking it so once I allowed all scripts to run, it worked fine after that.

Dark0ne tries to make the site work well with Firefox and Internet Explorer...anything beyond that is just icing on the cake.

I have tested the following browsers:

Firefox Portable 6.0 http://portableapps....irefox_portable

Google Chrome Portable 13.0.782.112 http://portableapps....chrome_portable

Iron Portable 13.0.800 (based on Google Chromium) http://portableapps....t/iron_portable

Opera Portable 11.50 http://portableapps..../opera_portable

Maxthon Portable 3.1.5.1000 http://portableapps....axthon_portable

Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

NOTE: The above "portable" browsers can be used by anyone. They do not require "installation" so there is zero impact on your computer...simply extract them, run the program to test it out, then delete once done. All tests were performed with the software as configured straight "out-of-the-box" without any tweaks or changes.

Check List Tests:

Can login and remain logged in from page to page (while browsing and downloading)

Can see mod page description, files, comments and images. Can download mods over 2MB in size. Can create mod page (modder action)

Can set and remove search tags.

Can upload files to mod page (modder action).

Can upload images to mod page.

Can add comments on mod page.

Can upload images to imageshare (modder action).

Can add comments on imageshare.

Test results / notes for Google Chrome: Success

Test results / notes for Firefox - Success

Test results / notes for Opera Success

Test results / notes for Maxthon Success

Test results / notes for Iron Success

Test results / notes for Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421 Success

Based on the above test results, all major site functions I have tested have been addressed and fixed by Dark0ne. LHammonds (aka Conan_Lon)

It works for most, can you be specific on what your issue is. What a browser are you using, and which version. Do you have an ad-blocker or other blocking ad-don to your browser? Do you have java and cookies enabled? Have you tried lowering the security settings on your browser:?"

internet explorer, yes a version that works, yes ive done all the recommended fixes, so have my friends, and my brother, the site runs slow, it wont allow me or them to click on the download tab what so ever on any file in any section the heading banners overlap the graphics on it look like a poorly scripted jigsaw- the forum site itself is laggy as all hell, takes a minute to catch up with what any of us type