What Your Character in Skyrim COULD Look Like (New Screens)

CrzyFooL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things, from a few members that complained about before I throw my hat in on the new screens.

1. It is apparently obvious that the screen of the characters are lower in resolutions then the screens of the xbox 360, and it is not the standard resolution either on pc or console.

2. I recognize the 'blocks' or 'lines' that the modeling illiterate have complained about on several of these character screens. They're Z-brush low resolution geometry. Likely it isn't that the model itself is that low, just the textures. Again, not standard, and if this is one of the low setting graphics, I would gladly take it over the blurry as heck settings on most games.

3. The hair, is one of two things, either reduced graphic settings that collapsed the alpha maps to two bits (white/black, no translation, no variation of gray for transparency) or it is like that anyways. I'd say wait for more screens before craping about the graphics.

Now unto what i thought about the content. Women looks ok. To be blunt though, most women look ok. (hey guys, go outside, not every women is a supermodel) It's very passable.

Elves look different this time. I'm not entirely comfortable with a few of the changes, but they actually look unique instead of humans with long ears.

Redguards actually look badass. I might actually play as one, now that they look a little more different then Imperials with dark skin and afros.

Beast races look great. I'm personally not a fan of them, but when I see the extra work that was put into them--especially the Argonians, I can tell what they referenced, and it was more then them just putting the head of an iguana on top of a human body. They look like erect dinosaurs with human intelligence.

Lastly, dem Orc women. I'd have an affair with one too if they looked like that.

Edited by infesteditachi

My God...I can actually tell the difference between ANY two races! This is stupendous!

Also, the second Imperial from the left in the second row looks just like the guy from True Grit. Or the oldest brother from Tombstone; I'm trying to decide.

In light of these new images and the fact that you can put tattoos/face paint on your characters.

I desperately request that an experienced modder and artist recreate the red lighting bolt of David Bowie upon Skyrim's release

http://oi55.tinypic.com/j90rpx.jpg

Funny you mention that, because look at the high elf pic, second row, fourth to the right. Look familiar?

I'm hoping they still separate the human races by build or height, kind of like Oblivion. I understood it as Breton < Imperial < Nord in order of size and vikingness. You're right about the faces, though: the bases are pretty same-y between the 3.

...But look at the kitties! So cool.

In light of these new images and the fact that you can put tattoos/face paint on your characters.

I desperately request that an experienced modder and artist recreate the red lighting bolt of David Bowie upon Skyrim's release

http://oi55.tinypic.com/j90rpx.jpg

Funny you mention that, because look at the high elf pic, second row, fourth to the right. Look familiar?

Holy crap! There must be some Labyrinth fans at Bethesda.