Why do all the preset women faces have such sharp jawlines?

Topster88

I agree with what Alcrin and AltreU are saying .. Alcrin is right that it is more about a social and self pride thing than attracting men .. but what is the root cause of the social need for it in the first place? .. a primal instinct to attract men .. your both right.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what Alcrin and AltreU are saying .. Alcrin is right that it is more about a social and self pride thing than attracting men .. but what is the root cause of the social need for it in the first place? .. a primal instinct to attract men .. your both right.

True dat. Even as a guy, I'm always trying to keep my hair nice looking (I've been growing it out, finally a childhood dream come true), which I do for both myself and for the ladies.

Maybe when we see the character creation that sort of thing can be altered by the player anyway? :)

It can.

Fortunately Skyrim boasts immense customisation options and sliders for character creation so you should be able to do away with strange facial features.

First elf I make, those ruddy Klingon brow ridges and foreheads MUST go.

Disagree with your first post on page one you look nothing like an old bat your quite attractive :) just had to say that if that's your pic

That aside I'm really not worried about any of the cargen issues I play 1st person always but I do agree you can be beautiful and deadly at the same time especially in a fantasy setting

I find it hilarious that men assume women wear makeup "for men".

So very, very well said, Myrmaad....I should give you kudos. :)

Anyways. While I love these new textures for their depth, detail, and gritty realism, I am noticing a trend in our society toward ugliness - or at least harshness - in our heroic figures. I mean look at the original Skyrim trailer...the one you can find everywhere. The character featured is a really hefty, burly, un-handsome man (at least by my own standards)...definitely not the Hercules or Aladdin of Disney in the 90's. You see this more and more in media of all kinds, games most of all. I'm not sure I'm ready to condemn it yet, but I was hoping there would be more girly-pretty faces represented among the women of Skyrim.

But no worries, right? We have a massive modding community here on the Nexus, and the community for Skyrim is gonna be HUGE, maybe even bigger than Oblivion. I'm ridiculously excited to see what the face/body artists here do with the game. Beautiful things, no doubt. :)

Edited by LadyAubrie

You can always mod your characters to look how you want. I am glad Beth took a more realistic approach with their characters in that a person running around the wilderness, fighting, soldiering and being outdoors is going to look rugged and rough around the edges.

I certaintly don't wear my makeup when I am working (construction) but I do when I am on stage (music) or clubing. If I were alive in Skyrim I wouldn't bother with eyeshadow if I were about to have my face splattered with my enemies blood and be smithing armor. Then again I would if I were walking the Imperial City, but hey, that's what mods are for.

For the first time I can say the vanilla char models in a TES game have some level of attraction.