Why do all the preset women faces have such sharp jawlines?

Topster88

I'm sure there are lots of sliders .. And if they do lock them I'm sure there will be a mod that makes them go beyond 100% .. every game has those mods since they are easy to make .. day one most likely

It's not going to stop me from getting the game, or from playing the living heck out of it. I'll be 2% disappointed if I can't do exactly what I want. I still play oblivion without mods and like that game. I should be all too impressed by skyrim. Already am with the "ugly" looking presets lol Edited by SHIROryuu

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on!!!! With all the fabulous mods that will be on Tesnexus...what are you worried about!!!!! You know all the wonderful modders will come up with amazing new shapes for faces for us to play with....no worries!!!!!

Well sort of. Dökkálfar are never said to be tall nor are light elves in Norse mythology.

Edit: though apparently Tolkien did have dark elf race.

Well that depends which account you read. You also miss my point that in most of the Celtic/British myths the elves are tall, the pixies are the diddy ones. And yes, as FnimonSni points out there were Dark Elves mentioned in the Silmarillion, eg Eol that seduced Aredhel Ar Feiniel...

Oops I ramble.

I simply don't get why people seem to think that toons have to be ugly in order to look as if they can handle themselves. That's just stereotyping.

Yeah, and do you ever see a ugly main character - male or female - in any movie? NO, you don't!

Take that with a pinch of salt! ;D :wink: :sleep:

You've never watched any comedy movies before lol.

Yeah, and do you ever see a ugly main character - male or female - in any movie? NO, you don't!

Take that with a pinch of salt!

Like Son in Law?

I haven't seen that one to be honest. And I might have exaggerated by saying 'any movie'. What I really meant was like Adventure/Action/Science Fiction, like TES, but I think my point stands clear.

I think almost everyone who reads this could easily play 100 hours of Skyrim, 100 hours looking at something ugly - nah! :down:

Whats wrong with having an attractive or beautiful character? Doesn't it just add to his/her mystique or make him/her more persuasive, noble, whatever.

Those of you who would like a fierce or bloodthirsty face - I hope you can make them as well, why not go with the hairy lady?

And yes, I do love comedy.

Edited by FnimonSni

Like Son in Law?

I haven't seen that one to be honest. And I might have exaggerated by saying 'any movie'. What I really meant was like Adventure/Action/Science Fiction, like TES, but I think my point stands clear.

I think almost everyone who reads this could easily play 100 hours of Skyrim, 100 hours looking at something ugly - nah! :down:

Whats wrong with having an attractive or beautiful character? Doesn't it just add to his/her mystique or make him/her more persuasive, noble, whatever.

Those of you who would like a fierce or bloodthirsty face - I hope you can make them as well, why not go with the hairy lady?

For those of you that think this is an example of what your character will be think again .. the character creation system will be plenty complex and you can make your female/male warrior as cute as a button if you like .. I plan to .. but are all the characters in the world cute? .. not likely .. and thats a good thing .. I always hate games where every character is some artist's idea of pure beauty .. these NPCs will be a natural mix

I simply don't get why people seem to think that toons have to be ugly in order to look as if they can handle themselves. That's just stereotyping.

No offense ment but how is this any different...in 80% of games or anything that had to do with elves i saw them portrayed as beings of beauty...isnt this actually the stereotypical way of looking at them?

Beth is making their own version of elves and i like it becouse its different from the usual elves, i certainly welcome this change.

Like Son in Law?

I think almost everyone who reads this could easily play 100 hours of Skyrim, 100 hours looking at something ugly - nah!

For those of you that think this is an example of what your character will be think again .. the character creation system will be plenty complex and you can make your female/male warrior as cute as a button if you like .. I plan to .. but are all the characters in the world cute? .. not likely .. and thats a good thing .. I always hate games where every character is some artist's idea of pure beauty .. these NPCs will be a natural mix

I'm totally with you. Not every NPC should have a pretty face. All I'm saying is that I feel more comfortable with a good looking character than an ugly - but I'm not saying these presets are necessarily ugly. I just want a character that is resemblant to that Nord girl in the tavern. When I saw her I thought 'Holy sh**t!'

And yeah, you could probably make whatever face you'd like.