ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Game Instability

Javalin

Hi all.

My game is REALLY suffering with instability. I'm not sure what the reason is for it. I knew this game, and others on the engine are very unstable. Probably due to the game engine being terribad.

With performance issues being placed aside - (I've no problem with the performance itself, it runs smoothly on Medium-High settings) just the crashes..

Here is my listing: (Linked all mods)

00. FalloutNV.esm

01. HonestHearts.esm

02. DeadMoney.esm

03. MikotoBeauty.esm

04. EVE FNV.esp

05. PipboyGloveRemover.esp

06. Holster.esp

07. MikotoBeauty.esp

08. FacePresets1.esp

09. Crib.esp (Private Mod, that tweaks companions, added own house outside the Major Factions etc - Makes NO changes to the game files)

The largest of those mods is probably EVE - Essential Visual Enhancements. But surely that's not enough to make the game massively unstable? There was a few bitty mods in between the load order, but I removed them just incase they were also causing an instability issue - I DID NOT USE THOSE MODS!

I see people using 50+ mods, and don't seem to be having the instability.

I mentioned in a post on a different topic: The game is like playing with a double edged sword, if you fix the performance/stutter issues, you give the game a reason to crash at the most inconvenient time.

If I avoid combat entirely, it seems to be ok. (For roughly 1 hour gameplay. Which I can live with - then it'll crash)

I ruled out all kinds of hardware related issues when I used this performance fix guide. But when people were having issues with the stutter and performance despite being several generations ahead of the game on video/gfx cards, and even I had no problem running Fallout 3 (Despite that being a pain in the backside from time to time)

Now it's possibly the Operating System, being only Vista 32bit. (I fear change - and I can't stand how Windows 7 looks)

Although I've already said that hardware is not an issue - Heres the specs of this average system

CPU: Intel® Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz

RAM: 3GB DDR2

Direct X: 10

GFX: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GS (512) (Pretty dire, now pretty low-end)

Anymore help would be appreciated. This is a REAL headache :(

Cheers.

Javalin

P.S. Dark0ne - you picked the PERFECT time to eat on my fear of change. Can't wait to see what the Nexus looks like after the changes. Looks fresh so far. Although I was confused at first.

Edit: I think it's EVE that has the problem. 2 High Explosive rocks = Crash. I love this mod :(

Engine isnt bad.For the old workhorse she is,she works if you treat her right.Obsidian and Bestheda hit it with a bat and shat on it and expected it to work.

Most problems seem to be LOD related,as when you go between cells it cant keep up. (the Prim to the Mojave outpost you can clearly see the engine struggle to draw everything) Too many NPCs can do it,but EvE is really harsh on a GPU and in a build that the FNV is,it surely shows.I know its awesome,but until you get that uber graphics card,try running without eve. All else fails,total reinstall and hope Steam loves you.

Yeah it certainly looks like that was the big issue. Disabiling EVE hasn't completely fixed it. The game is now a little more stable.

Would love a workaround for it :(

This is Bethesada and Obsidian,from what I can see,each new patch breaks it in a new way :/ Sorry Bethsoft/Obsidian, you tried,but I cant respect a company totally screws up and cant fix it.

nVidia doesnt like Fallout 3 and NV. Try looking for the fix for it. I run an ATi card so I dont have that problem.