One handed melee weapon animation request

Deleted1082189User

So I enjoy stealth-based combat, which has resulted in me becoming a fan of the Splinter Cell series and games of similar gameplay, and I simply love when I can combine that with an RPG like Fallout NV. However, even though sneaking isn't a problem and I'm sure there are mods to improve the sneak system itself, I find one thing lacking: I can't use combat knives or daggers in stealth mode.

It's not that there's a bug or crash issue when using them. I simply feel guilty. No stealth based character takes a combat knife while crouching, takes the time to creep up on someone and, while there are enemies around, screams wildly while flailing a knife across their back while lunging towards them like a meth-addict. Seriously.

So my request is simple: If anyone would be kind enough to create such an animation mod, simply replace the one-handed weapon power attack to a simple stabbing motion. It should be a quick, relatively subtle stab, with the character leaning forward just a bit to get close enough for an attempted kill. Instead of a wild, over-the-head flail of the weapon, it should be a simple backwards-forwards motion with the character's arm.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change the animation only when crouching, but I'm perfectly content with this animation also replacing the standing power attack.

Any comments, suggestions to elaborate more and/or differently, scolding for making a dumb request, sexual favors, or comments indicating mutual feelings regarding the suggestion above are all appreciated :wink:.

Dues Ex has some amazing melee.Pity its so hard to impiment this. youd have to add all new animations to it,and as far as I can tell,not many animators are left here,some have left in disgust,others gave up on the horribly broken engine :/

Dues Ex has some amazing melee.Pity its so hard to impiment this. youd have to add all new animations to it,and as far as I can tell,not many animators are left here,some have left in disgust,others gave up on the horribly broken engine :/

I've been wondering why there's been so few animation mods being made lately. Well, that sucks, but I understand.

Youd have to animate then make it work,import to FNV,bury a chicken gizzard in a dirt road under a full moon,pray to Satan(optional) hope it works,then script it, Make the script function and not break something,then create the esp and make it all work,sadly,much easier said than done. With the way FNV is looking I cant blame the Modders for giving up.Every patch breaks everything. That and being slightly offtopic but its also a giant peeing match here so theyre probably hiding :/

Youd have to animate then make it work,import to FNV,bury a chicken gizzard in a dirt road under a full moon,pray to Satan(optional) hope it works,then script it, Make the script function and not break something,then create the esp and make it all work,sadly,much easier said than done. With the way FNV is looking I cant blame the Modders for giving up.Every patch breaks everything. That and being slightly offtopic but its also a giant peeing match here so theyre probably hiding :/

Yeah, it already seems like this thread is dying. That, too, sucks, but the engine has always been glitchy as hell and difficult to work with, so it's not entirely surprising.

Azrael120782 is kind of overselling how hard it would be to implement when the engine supports separate 'sneak' versions of each animation- once you have the anim, you just need to put it in place and rename it to sneak[name].

He's also kind of overstating the negative effects of the patches- formIDs being reordered is inconvenient, but it's hardly a serious challenge.

Azrael120782 is kind of overselling how hard it would be to implement when the engine supports separate 'sneak' versions of each animation- once you have the anim, you just need to put it in place and rename it to sneak[name].

He's also kind of overstating the negative effects of the patches- formIDs being reordered is inconvenient, but it's hardly a serious challenge.

Im doing the worst case senario :P and with my luck thats what I get :P FNV hates me xD so does the GECK DX

an example,totally vanilla with just my Caravan Pack and NV,start a new game,no animations for NPCs. Lately its pretty hit or miss with what you get. Some people can make it work flawlessly,others feel they get a stinky turd pile. It really is luck of the draw on FNV.

But it seems like making the sneak kill a scripted event would work best right? If you have 4 different kill anims sneaky,then make it a 1/4 shot to get a different one each time.

Sneak Kill 1-simple backstab

Sneak Kill 2-Grab,knife in chest

Sneak kill 3-knife in back of head

Sneak Kill 4-Grab NPC spin to face Player and then knife in random spot?

A Simple stab in the back wouldnt be too hard(I hope.One of the poses mods has a sorta stabby deal going,making it move,is the hard part) but a grab npc,hand over mouth knife goes here deal seems like itd be pretty hard.

Yeah, basically all I'm going for is a quick jab with the knife. Nothing fancy.