Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The latest front page design looks much better. A lot more focus on the files, which are the bread and butter, or meat and potatoes of the site, which ever you prefer. I would still hope for a 'band' showing random files, to promote lost or forgotten files. There are so many good, forgotten files that just never get the spotlight they deserve.

I love it when my ideas are taken and used :)

the new stuff is pretty much exactly what I asked for in my last post :P

still fingers crossed that the fixed-width obsession will pass and be "fixed"...

also, totally agree with my friend Cambragol. I'd love to see a "spotlight of the hour" kinda thing. where the site throws up some random file from the thousands we have here. just to put it where people can see it.

Edit:

another thing, could we have Image comments on the Notifications list too? would be good :)

Edited by Ruadhan2300

NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE! Heh.

Just throwing in my reminder that I also would like to have a random file button or link. I use the greasemonkey script by Argomirr but it's less handy now that I have to scroll to the bottom of every page to use it.

This is way better than launch, way better. I use this site for my home page but haven't actually been "looking" at it the last two days. This is much better. Keep the improvements coming, the horde demand more tribute, heh.

Thanks for the donation to the community, heck, for creating the community.

Later

Just to chime in and say that I dig the new main page. The hot files, latest files and latest pictures give a pretty good idea of the diversity of the sites. Thanks Dark0ne for bringing back these features, it is much appreciated!

I have to check how it looks (width-wise) with the User Style by Tchos, here is the link if you have missed it: http://userstyles.org/styles/52890/fallout-new-vegas-nexus-fluid-width-etc

EDIT: The User Styles probably needs some tweaking to account for all the changes.

Edited by Shantih

To be honest I kinda got use to the way the old site was laid out. I thought, oh great they changed everything so now I can't find a thing.

But after a while I started finding the new and the old once more, my doctor said he could cut back on my meds once again.

So everything is fine and dandy, its a nice site and nice design. Don't change it again.

I SUPER DIG the new main page!

Another thing I noticed: About Me pages with coloured text show the code, and colour the text white.

Edited by CheeseyBall

@cheeseyball

I am having the same problem but with the forums page. Soon I will get a screenshot up.. I have a feeling though this is something on my end, I just don't have any idea what could cause it...

Also I agree the new page is leaps and bounds ahead of the old one with the reimplementation of the pictures on the front, however I still think the width should be adjusted. Would make everything easier to focus on, and look at.