Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

Using this new site I've noticed something... It doesn't generate those strong feelings in members that the old one was able to. The old one succeed to create some sort of addiction in members.

I've been trying to get used to the new set up for a little while, and it 'works', but I think you hit the nail on the head... it somehow feels like more of a 'chore' to spend time on the Nexus, when it used to be something that bent the space-time continuum, allowing you to loiter and hop around for hours on end.

I think it has something to do with the minimalist, pragmatist style of the old site. Subdued visuals that were easy on the eyes, many ways to get to what you want....

I'm not trying to say 'go back', just trying to think of what might help bring back that lovin' feelin' again... A couple thoughts:

1) Reduce the boldness of the large colored bars... perhaps just thin colored outlines instead of the large fields of color.

2) In the right hand column (right there, in the blank space-->), perhaps some of the quick-link menus could be restored? Like the 'Files' links and 'Images' links?

Thanks again for persevering with the Nexus, please take my comments as constructive praise (?)... or something like that :P

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to further what tapioks quoted and said, it appears to me since the new site change that for the new vegas nexus and FO3 nexus at least site traffic, has dropped... a lot.. there aren't many mods coming out now, no in flux of new images by the people who are known artists with those things.. Could be just coincidence but something is off about the new site... No longer feels like home if that makes sense. The colors aren't inviting they are distracting, everything looks odd and hard to read.. The banner on the left (NV nexus) has some flaws, and it looks low quality.

In summary, the site went from feeling like a very upscale video game forum and mod board, and now it looks and feels like a child designed it..

I am sorry to all who worked hard on it if i sound really harsh, I suppose I do. But the site just isn't the same, and to be honest I don't really like being on it anymore. Kind of sad... :(

Tracking centre functionality appears to be working again (new format)

Thanks to Robin and the team.

I really like to see which tracked mods have been updated. It shows the commitment mod-makers have to their mods.

Suggestion: sort/search tracked file by: 1) All tracked files 2) DAO tracked files 3) DA2 tracked files

PS. I can open multiple images at once (in the image tab) - using FF6.0.1. Alternativley I open multple images each in a new separate FF tab and look at as many as I like (they load in backgound)

Edited by Longerhim

The "GO" Button in the Image Library Section of witchernexus is missing.

So you can't sorting the screenshots.

I think that the 5 thumbnails of the latest screenshots on the main page should show a preview of the whole image and not only a part of it.

Edited by Vannar

fallout 3 nexus is working fine (yay) but when looking at new vegas im like huh???? your not able to open up the download tab ( i know some people dont have the same problem so im figuring out how to make it work) and im pretty sure as like what u said its the ie8 problem.... and some of the tabs are out of place...

(oh and actually all the tabs xcept for the description tab works)

thanks for fixing these things later

Hi Dark0ne,

so, besides the lost buttons on the Linux Opera there is another error on the Windows Opera: I cannot download any file even if I'm logged in. If I choose to download a file the "40 seconds waiting window" appears and then the window with these download servers. Now I can choose one of them and then I get a login window (I'm logged in - the account info on the top is already there). The firefox is working.

I loved the old site because all functions have worked in my Opera versions. Not anymore.

Can you please take a look of it? That would be really nice. It's the last Opera version.

Many thanks

anzolino