Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My RSS feeds seem to have broken. How do I go about repairing them?

I have the very same problem and I, too, would like to know how to fix it.

When I click on the RSS link, all I get is this message:

"The Site MySQL database is currently down. This problem normally sorts itself very quickly. Please come back a little later."

How can it be fixed?

To be honest I love the older design more. It felt more simplistic and more in my element, I guess, due to it being similar in design to Steam. But eh, I'll get over it and so will the rest of us :)

Are you running any software to block cookies or java....this sounds like a browser configuration issue. I have tried the site with opera and it works for me on default settings and no add ons.

Buddah

Might want to try a different browser. Just to see if it works, if it does you have a configuration issue on your browser.

My biggest issue is the tracking center, clutter and images.

Tracking Center: Not being able to see changes is very annoying. I see it's said that it'll be updated but I just thought I'd mention it.

Images: No idea why everything is so stretched but it's highly annoying and even some won't open no matter what. And having to hover over them other than having a title above it really annoying to.

Clutter: Well that's pretty much this whole new site. The main page should have the tracking center in it, the file names shouldn't be sized down even if it means no photos or less. It was nice having everything right there for you now you gotta navigate through everything. Maybe not as many news stories shown on the home.

Bugs: Not really any to complain about.

All in all, I'm not trying to be a complete ass I know site editing can be a pain, but.. You really should've just kept the old design.. It was so much easier and friendly, plus it wasn't as confusing. I'm color blind and even though there isn't too many colors it just confuses me and gets me lost that much quicker. Unless further updates are made to make this place better I won't be on much, I use to like giving feedback on mods and trying to help out people but now.. It's just depressing. I feel bad for image editors and modders because I haven't really seen much support from people since the new site. So, in the end this went from my favorite site to not even on my top bookmarks.

Rating: 4/10

.. If I started blabbering sorry, the colors were confusing me again lol

- Lethal

Are you running any software to block cookies or java....this sounds like a browser configuration issue. I have tried the site with opera and it works for me on default settings and no add ons.

Buddah

Might want to try a different browser. Just to see if it works, if it does you have a configuration issue on your browser.

I don't know to who you address this message, but if it's about fixing my RSS feeds problem, it doesn't work. I've tried Firefox, Opera and Chrome, but I still get the same error message. As a website owner, I may assume that any MYSQL issues might come from their side, not mine. The new design might have messed up their databases somehow or they didn't set their RSS properly. Just saying.