Day 2 - Nexus redesign

Dark0ne

IE8 There seem to be sporadic reports of people not being able to download files because the modal pop-up box isn't showing for them. I don't know if this is IE8 specific but I cannot reproduce this. However, I'm hoping to update the download links slightly so you can middle-click (to open a new tab) a link and it'll just open a completely new page.

Yes but it does go thru after a few tries, It seems to me to be related to two of IE8 "features" 1 the blue box up top that says "to protect jgrjgrgjarj click here to download this file, (sometimes shows sometimes not) found a hole huh :)

And the do you want to "run, save, ect" window is slow to show..

Next...

IE8 On the main page "post a comment" to the news is not doing anything, same as file comments WAS. Thanks for that fix...

Main page needs Files today (past 24 or 48 hrs) priority over the ones there.

Thank You,

freddy

IE8 here, the Only response I get when I Click an Icon, is, it highlights.(That's for Any of the Icons, Files, Images, Coments, etc.(doesn't change after waiting))

Not sure about "Blue Box"?? and I'm not sure about the Middle button, (haven't seen a 3button mouse in Years) I'm not offered the choice to Open in New Tab with a Left click... (Both buttons result in a Left click)

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I miss about the old setup is being able to see the latest two images people post. Can that be brought back rather than actually clicking on "view images"? Also, I've noticed that unless they submit pictures of the mods they post, you can't really tell if it's for Morrowind or Oblivion unless you recognize the obscure names of certain town locations or daedric ruins. Since this place is mainly oblivion dominated (for now), it would be nice if the occasional Morrowind mods are labeled as such to avoid confusion/shock/disappointment.

Still waiting on why you thought it was a good idea to remove negative endorsements.

Has been discussed plenty on the specific section for mod authors, and almost, if not all, thought that the negative endorsements were pretty much troll food.

Most people who give negative endorsements do it for either of the following 2 reasons:

1) They can't get the mod to work, BECAUSE THEY DIDN*T READ THE DESCRIPTION.

2) They don't like the type of mods the author does (so why do they bother downloading them?)

@xXJigokuShonenXx

People abuse it, saying it doesn't fit into their own personal tastes that no one cares about. (Really, its the truth. Take the skimpy clothing arguement for a great example. No one is forcing you to use them, so what if you don't like it.)

@Mitheledh

Fixed width doesn't mean easier. The old Nexus was scrapped because the design wasn't his and hard to work with, and this one is entirely his, code-side including. The world changes, time to get used to it. I know I have...

It's easier for him to add new features, and for Axel I suppose as well. That's the big part.

Edited by Guest