Please confirm or disconfirm: stamina determines jumping height

SpellAndShield

I think the most conclusive info I've heard around here came from Camonna Tong, who asked Gstaff from the Bethesda Blog. I wouldn't call it confirmed, but we can ask him to confirm and maybe elaborate?

That would be good and also seems to be a reasonable way to interpret jumping and running...especially for an Assassin-like character...

I'd rather it lessen how much damage you take from fall damage more than it increase your jump, myself.

A person can only jump so high, and if you simply lessen the amount of fall damage, it can provide a good benefit without seeming too unrealistic.

Granted, sometimes you should be able to jump a certain height. :thumbsup:

I'd rather it lessen how much damage you take from fall damage more than it increase your jump, myself.

A person can only jump so high, and if you simply lessen the amount of fall damage, it can provide a good benefit without seeming too unrealistic.

Granted, sometimes you should be able to jump a certain height. :thumbsup:

You're right. A person can absorb a fall from 20+ feet(certain people mind you), walk away with little more then discomfort. They can't jump 20 feet high though lol.

Not sure about the jump height, so I'll disregard that for now.As for the running, I thought stamina increases how long you can sprint for, if it also increases running speed, then that sounds terribly overpowered to me.

As long as the speed increase and jump increases aren't obscene, I'm cool with it. You'd be surprised at how high and far an Olympic level athlete (which is what I'd model a melee based character around) can jump. I just checked and the highest jump record is 8 feet (2.45 meters) and the record for the fastest run speed is 27.79 mph (44.72 km/h), so I'd be cool having a character jumping even a little higher and running a little faster than that at max stamina (epic level skill calls for superhuman badassness).

As long as the speed increase and jump increases aren't obscene, I'm cool with it. You'd be surprised at how high and far an Olympic level athlete (which is what I'd model a melee based character around) can jump. I just checked and the highest jump record is 8 feet (2.45 meters) and the record for the fastest run speed is 27.79 mph (44.72 km/h), so I'd be cool having a character jumping even a little higher and running a little faster than that at max stamina (epic level skill calls for superhuman badassness).

Olympic jumping isn't the same. You wouldn't jump like that onto rocks now would you? lol. As for the speed. I say less then 10% of humans could reach that speed.

I could see khajiit being fast(for obvious reasons) as well as orc, they seem very beast like. I would assume the rest would be very humanesk. Thus normal speed.

Olympic jumping isn't the same. You wouldn't jump like that onto rocks now would you? lol. As for the speed. I say less then 10% of humans could reach that speed.

I could see khajiit being fast(for obvious reasons) as well as orc, they seem very beast like. I would assume the rest would be very humanesk. Thus normal speed.

Of course jumping in real life you wouldn't, but this is a game and as long as it doesn't look goofy, those stats seem reasonable. If you don't wan't to jump higher or run faster, I assume you probably won't be leveling your stamina anyway. Plus, you'd only achieve those levels of speed and jumping capabilities by maxing out your stamina, so it's not exactly heinous to think it could work statistically in the game. I'd also hope that you'd consider your dragonborn mightier than men and have potential higher than those 10%. If not, you're entitled to enjoy the game however you please.http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/thumbsup.gif