more stamina = quicker running?

deama

I can't find any source, either, though I do remember one stating that it did increase how long you can sprint, I'm not sure if it also increases overall movement speed or not.

I think It's confirmed that stamina increases running speed, stamina regeneration etc.

I can't remember the source, if there is one.

damn... I thought it just increased the length of a sprint...

I can't find any source, either, though I do remember one stating that it did increase how long you can sprint, I'm not sure if it also increases overall movement speed or not.

if it did increase movement speed it would be unrealistic... unless they make the PC so weak that walking would be sprinting :tongue:

Edited by deama

if it did increase movement speed it would be unrealistic... unless they make the PC so weak that walking would be sprinting :tongue:

Well yeah, to me it seems like sprinting already makes you move pretty fast, so the good thing to do would be to increase how long you can sprint, not how fast.In fact, I was under the impression that they added in sprinting so they wouldn't have to have an increase in overall movement speed, it seems somewhat redundant (and overpowered) to add in both.

A quote from a Q & A session, taken from Zaldir's source page:

Skyrim Q & A

We kept all the racial movement speeds the same, that’s now a factor of what you’re wearing and have equipped. And starting max encumbrance is the same and is based on your Stamina attribute.

• 1 month later...

I think Todd said in an interview that it increased running speed. 'running speed is increased by upgrading stamina,also depends on the armor type used' this is on the elderscrollswiki and there are a list of sources but I personally don't have the patience to look through them all to find it.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Fact_List

I know that more stamina=faster running, but as far as how far you sprint...I have no clue.

Edited by SynysterShadows1213

Well, wouldn't it make sense that upgrading your stamina would increase how far you can sprint? Sprint drains your stamina doesn't it, so putting points into stamina=increasing stamina=increasing distance that one can sprint. Simple, no? :whistling: