Werewolf or Vampire?

Jakeschulz

198 members have voted

1. 1. what do you want to become?

This is a pretty common pattern, actually: A bad, evil thing is perceived as awesome due to its vicarious elements, then the nasty aspects are removed in an attempt to make them even more appealing. So we get assassins who don't kill innocents, pirates who don't steal things, and vampires who sparkle. Next we'll have zombie hordes that are perfectly clean and preserved that just want to go back to living peacefully with their friends and family.

THANK YOU!

My thoughts exactly. Wanna change the formula here and there? Want a little sexy? Some conflicting morals? Cool more power to ya just don't go overkill I like my monsters... well monsters. Think more Legacy of Kain and Van Helsing and less Blade and Twilight.

What no-one realises is that Van Helsing is not a new spin on the genre, at all. That creature is about as close to the original Count Dracula as you can get. And Van Helsing was actually a character in the novel.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If both were implemented, I would probably choose werewolf.

I enjoyed my time as a vampire in Oblivion, but I never really needed the skill boosts it provided, nor did I need the effects. I did it for the visual appeal, and the changes in gameplay. I'm sure many could understand my disappointment when the vampires in Oblivion were really just far-cries from traditional vampires.

So basically what I'm saying is that, when you take out all the stat bonuses vampirism brings, it really just makes you prone to sunlight damage.

Traditional werewolves on the other hand are moon-worshipping beasts who can rip the flesh from innocent civilians' bones. Since Bethesda successfully (in my opinion) portrayed them in their games, I think the Skyrim werewolf transformation would not only be even more badass (with excellent aesthetic appeal as a result of improved graphics) than before, but they would focus on the traditional werewolf, where vampirism would need a significant improvement in versatility and gameplay mechanics (for example being able to jump on someone to feed on them, or manipulate someone through dialogue) for me to choose them over werewolves.

As for Twilight, it's like Justin Bieber. They take something good and make it look so stunningly, horrifyingly bad that nobody wants anything to do with it. Twelve year old fangirls will flock to it like starving wolves to a dead carcass, and anyone with a shred of self-respect will avoid it as much as possible. However, in my opinion, acknowledging Twilight as being even in the same genre or area as any actual vampires, save for sex appeal or vampire/werewolf erotica (yiff anyone?), is an insult to the great, traditional badasses that vampires and werewolves truly are.

No, vampires are not lovesick boy toys who entertain teenagers in a poorly written love story. Werewolves are not beefed up prettyboys with a gift that's also a curse living in a lover's world. Vampires are manipulative monsters who feed off the week and grow in power with each passing night, avoid sunlight, take advantage of others, and hold a variety of powers to meet their goals. Werewolves are flesh-rending beasts with an insatiable thirst for blood and a hulking, bestial set of teeth and claws, as well as a massive amount of strength and speed to meet that thirst.

I don't think love factors into either of those.

Edited by Guest

wearwolfs don't burn in the sunlight? not even vampires.. only story tellers wont that. i have a vampire at my house, and he doesn't cringe when sunlight comes around.. * On a serious note though* Has anyone ever read the vampire series from Christopher pike The Last Vampire? i love those series =)