OBGE not working

Kcboiye

ive installed OBGE manually, and everything is in there correct folder as the readme says, but when i go to open oblivion up, i get a error saying: "The program can't start because d3dx9_43.dll is missing" but it is there, ive got obse 20, and installed it correctly, but it doesnt want to work

any help?

What file is the D3D9.dll supposed to be in? Generally these go in either/both of the following. C:\Windows\System and C:\Windows\System32. If the readme/installation guide says to place it elsewhere, make sure it is there, and you could try copying and pasting it to both of the aforementioned folders.

the d3dx9_43.dll file is in a folder called "extras" and the readme says just to put it in the oblivion/data folder, which is where i put it and it wont work, ive tryed copying the file out of the extras file and puttin it in the data file and still nothin

so i duno

edit: ive tryed putting the file/folder in the system/system32 folders and still nothin

Edited by Kcboiye

Try placing D3d9_43.dll in the root oblivion folder to see if that helps. Most programs will look in their root folder for files as well as the system and system32 folders.

tried that, didnt work, ive put it in the root and data, both with and without the "extras" folder that it comes in, ive tried doing the same thing in the MyGames>Oblvion folder and still nothing

no matter what i try, it just oesnt want to work