Horse armor problem

Nocturnstalker

so I installed the unofficial patch and suddenly I can not outfit my horse with armor, I am really frustrated because the armor is nice to have and now I'm stuck with a black horse without armor. I can't seem to figure out what is really causing it and I can not find any patches or fixes for it on the nexus unless I am just missing it... Thanks in advance for any help.

Uninstall the DLC Horse Armour, make a clean save, then reinstall the Horse Armour DLC.

ok so I have been meaning to reply sooner but I've been away from the internet for a bit. I attempted uninstalling the dlc and making a clean save but it still does not work, when i talk to the orc she says that she will fit my horse right away but doesn't take the certificate from my inventory. I don't know what else to do other than just sucking it up and not using it even though that sucks...

I tried the horse armor DLC when it first came out and found it buggy. You need the latest patch and The unofficial patch - and even then it gets clobbered by some mods. I removed it and some problems I had been having with other mods were removed with it.