Download issues

TheStairsWolf

Hello all, I have encountered a problem regarding downloading,

As I was trying to download a file on TESNexus, I clicked the file and got a popup telling me that I need to sign in, so I logged in and tried downloading again. I got the same popup, I looked up in the top left hand corner and ''Welcome TheStairsWolf'' was there. I shrugged and assumed it was a minor error and would disappear if I tried again.

I was wrong.

This problem is persistent, I've tried exiting the browser, loggging out and back in. Nothing I can think of seems to work. Help would be appreciated in this matter, I use IE if that helps in any way. :)

Try compatibility mode, and flushing the cache, then restarting the browser.

Or get a different browser - it seems to only be IE that has the problem. Firefox and chrome seems to have just worked with no glitches.

On the Files and Mods pages, "Compatibility Mode" will NOT work. While there may be download problems for some users, that would only break the site completely. Dark0ne has repeatedly informed us that IE7 (which is how that mode makes your browser behave) is NOT supported.

For IE8, make sure that "Compatibility Mode" is turned OFF. (The icon is a "torn page", found to the right of the url area. It'll be blue if you have it ON.)

For FF3.x, get the current version (now 6.0!)