Companions holding their weapons

jambonpaper

As simple and logical as that. Companions should always keep their weapons in their hands when in the wasteland. If you don't share this opinion with me, that's ok, I'm just giving my personal thought. Are you ready for an eyeblasting faceslapping explosive mod idea human kind will ever witness in the world of Fallout? Me neither. This is just a simple change that could make your companions look like they give a f*** when they follow you on the battlefield.

So basically, I've tried it, couldn't do it.

TLDR? Companions should not have their weapons holstered except for in towns. If it's too complicated, companions shouldn't have their weapons holstered at all. (except for Dogmeat and Sergeant *spoiler hidden* of course.)

Edited by jambonpaper

If you don't mind using the console, you can just type "setalert 1" after selecting your companion in the console (Their name should appear on the top of the screen). Do this for all companions. They will equip their weapons all the time. If you want to set this back, just type "setalert 0" after selecting the desired companion in the console.

If you don't mind using the console, you can just type "setalert 1" after selecting your companion in the console (Their name should appear on the top of the screen). Do this for all companions. They will equip their weapons all the time. If you want to set this back, just type "setalert 0" after selecting the desired companion in the console.

Thanks for the quick reply and for the simple solution. Would have never thought of it.

But there is one little problem when I do that. Sometimes my companions will hold there guns as if their holding a melee weapon.

Is there a solution to that? That would make this whole "mini console mod" perfect.

Thanks

If you mean that the NPC holds the weapon such that the whole weapon extends straight from the palm with the palm holding the grip, then you are not alone. It's a pretty common glitch which happens when they are not in combat. I don't exactly know what triggers this.

Just go hunt some geckos or something like that with them. As soon as they enter combat and then leave it, it should be fine.

Unfortunately, the SetAlert makes the bug happen more often. Scripting is needed to detect and correct the condition. I've spent a great deal of time with the whole weapons glitches thing on companions.

Happy to know that there are others out there like me that are perfectionists. Hope we find something to correct this issue, but for now, I'm happy that my companions are alert, and not sloppy. It adds a bit more edge like this.

Thanks for the help, will wait for further updates on this matter.