Model Meisters, Pleas Help: Roberts and 1st Person Fisticuffs

Calemyr

I posted a couple of days ago in the general category, mentioning that I didn't know why a portion of my character's neck was being rendered in first person (and thus blocking the camera during certain frames of unarmed attacks). I've continued to experiment with it since, and come to the conclusion that it's an issue with Roberts body replacer. It also effects the EyeCandy line of female bodies as well. The torsos of the upper bodies are being rendered in 1st person and clothes made off of those body types do the same thing wherever they display the original model's skin (such as the neck (clavicles) on kafei's elegant vests). I confirmed this by adding Roberts-modeled versions of vanilla clothing: the sackcloth shirt you start in wasn't a problem until I added the Roberts-style mesh.

Is there any way I can fix this? I know nothing about modeling, but I can't imagine giving up the improved models Roberts created or the clothes created for it and yet I'll have to in order to play the fist-fighting brawler I wish to.

I'm no good at anything artistic, but I'm pretty good with tools if I need then, so if you could just tell me what variable to add/alter and where, that'd be a great help.

Please help if you can. I was really looking forward to this character, but this neck issue is going to kill it before it even began.

Have you installed a proper skeleton for them? Have you installed a mod that replaces the 1st person skeleton?

Not intentionally, but there is one in the 1st person folder. I believe it came with the EyeCandy female model. I tried removing it (putting a junk character at the beginning of the name), but I didn't see any change. I also installed the Coronerras Maximum Compatibility Skeleton, but I don't remember that having a 1st person element and tried disabling that as well.

Anyway, can I take from your post that this is not something you see on your games? If I could get confirmation that someone else can use custom body models without them rendering in 1st person, that would at least give me a clue what I'm doing wrong.

My 1st person is fine with HGEC, and complaints similar to yours are quite rare, they usually involve combat mods like Deadly Reflex or Unnecessary Violence and the wrong (1st person in your case) skeleton being installed.

No dice. I reinstalled the game with only Darnified UI (my ini file makes the game crash without it) and Roberts Male v4, and it does still do it.

Using a body replacement (any variety other than vanilla, it would seem), take your characters shirt off and throw a few punches in first person. The first few will go fine, but after that the body starts jumping in front of the camera.

EDIT: I have to think part of the reason this never comes up is the fact that hand-to-hand combat is so weak in the vanilla game that it's never really given proper consideration in the first place.

Edited by Calemyr