Would you waste money on collector's edition?

ReaperLeopard

I just can't find any reason to do so.

- Statue. It's made out of cheap material and doesn't have any practical use.

- Artwork. Why look at the artwork when you have the finished product in front of you?

- Making of DVD. You can easily read Bethesda diary and interview transcripts. Besides, someone will post this video online with their own edits to avoid piracy laws.

- Strategy guide booklet. I'm assuming there will be one, but what's the use when everything in there will be on wikipedia within several days of the game being released?

Maybe the price is more justifiable if there was a movie like animation DVD, like a fan fiction story of Skyrim included. I certainly won't be buying the collector's edition. Even when the game's expensive people will still buy it. However, there's no reason to pay for extra 'goodies'.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and I did :P .. I'm a fan and I want to support my favorite game studio of all time and I love the little collectable things .. may be junk to you but its loot to me :3 Plus I want to own the making of DVD more than anything .. I'm happy with it .. ^_^

No, I won't. Since I'm staring unemployment in the face again, paying bazillions for a plastic statue on top of paying for a new rig (lucky I did that before I got the bad news) does not enter into it.

I would either if:

I lived in America, so I can pay in USD.

or

The price drops to 100 euro.

The pricing is not fair for Europe and other countries, when will people see that 1$ does not equal 1 €?

Anyway, talking about it's contents.

The statue, while being made out of PVC, is a collectors item and quite detailed too.

The Artbook has 200 pages, speaks for itself.

The other stuff (except the game) is useless.

So yes, I would buy it if it would cost 100€, not 150€.

I personally don't consider it a waste of money because for me money is not a factor. I have already paid off the Collector's Edition of Skyrim. My reasoning is because I have NEVER purchased the Collector's Edition of ANY game before and I have been waiting for Skyrim for a long ass time. I priced the 200 page concept art coffee table book at $25 , the making of DVD at $20 dollars, the game itself at $67-69 , and after looking at a PVC figurine of Balrog from Games Workshop AND many other figurines of that size going for $69 I figured $150 isn't that bad at all for a Collector's Edition. :tongue:

$25+$20+$67= $112 , making the extremely detailed and bad ass statue of Alduin at a price of $38 dollars, $150 in total. :thumbsup:

And that's just me toning down the price of the 200 page book and DVD for all we know they could retail for more if sold individually

LINK TO BALROG FIGURE -----> http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1080185&_requestid=41218

Edited by AxeAlot

Yes and I did :P .. I'm a fan and I want to support my favorite game studio of all time and I love the little collectable things .. may be junk to you but its loot to me :3 Plus I want to own the making of DVD more than anything .. I'm happy with it .. ^_^

EXACTLY. it is a COLLECTOR'S EDITION, people don't understand that for Collector's that is loot to the max :) The statue is insanely detailed and will look awesome in my living room, the 200 page concept art book is going to look great on the coffee table and I cannot wait to look at all the bad ass concept art they came up with , and yes the DVD will be so boss! can't wait to see it! :dance:

- Making of DVD. You can easily read Bethesda diary and interview transcripts. Besides, someone will post this video online.

please link the oblivion one, id like to see it.

LOL same! :thumbsup:

I'm with you reaper! As much as I love the elderscrolls series I'm not buying the collectors edition because there's nothing included that warrants the cost! If it came with a gold inlay silk map of the game world then sure, but alas it doesn't so I'm not getting it lol