Would you waste money on collector's edition?

ReaperLeopard

Do not think of it as a waste but a investment, try to buy the collectors coin from oblivion on eBay :blink: That's just a little coin, think what the dragon will be worth in a few years? Personally I'm going to buy every TES CE there is then one day if I ever so choose (which will be unlikely) sell the whole lot of collectors loot from every game and let the games pay for themselves :biggrin: .

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again, making sweeping statements. I do get the concept of being a collector, thank you very much. To me being a collector certainly includes collecting what you like, but IMHO I think it also should extend to using, displaying, enjoying your collection. Of course if you have a large collection of things (as museums do) you might rotate just what items are displayed. Just putting something back in its box sounds more like hoarding to me.

And yes, I WILL say that a mass produced plastic statue is a waste of money, for the kind of money they are charging for the CE I'd expect something made out of a more quality material. I don't honestly think that these CE items are going to be an investment in years to come.

For the record I collect a particular kind of fine china that is particular to the area I live and is no longer in production, but I use that china as well as displaying it. Although I don't let my Mum near it with the washing up brush since she developed dementia...

For the record I collect a particular kind of fine china that is particular to the area I live and is no longer in production, but I use that china as well as displaying it. Although I don't let my Mum near it with the washing up brush since she developed dementia...

LMFAO epic :psyduck:

And yes, I WILL say that a mass produced plastic statue is a waste of money, for the kind of money they are charging for the CE I'd expect something made out of a more quality material. I don't honestly think that these CE items are going to be an investment in years to come.

I agree. My point exactly!

Here we go again, making sweeping statements. I do get the concept of being a collector, thank you very much. To me being a collector certainly includes collecting what you like, but IMHO I think it also should extend to using, displaying, enjoying your collection. Of course if you have a large collection of things (as museums do) you might rotate just what items are displayed. Just putting something back in its box sounds more like hoarding to me.

Whatever .. you clearly have never priced those "mass produced plastic statues" .. Plastic doesn't mean crap o_O .. You are just mouthing off about something you don't even know about .. if you add up the prices of everything on that list carefully they are only overpricing it by about 10-20 bucks .. those crappy plastic statues are not as mass produced as you think and they are of far higher quality than you are aware of .. go ahead and price some other stuff from that company of the same scale and quality ... plastic =/= cheap

But like I said .. if you have never purchased a nerdy figurine or bust of some comic book character or something along the same lines then you have no idea what this stuff is really worth to collectors... check into after sale of collector editions too while your at it .. they rarely loose value and most times they end up selling for more than they were at release... they are NOT mass produced to the level that you believe

Whatever .. you clearly have never priced those "mass produced plastic statues" .. Plastic doesn't mean crap o_O .. You are just mouthing off about something you don't even know about .. if you add up the prices of everything on that list carefully they are only overpricing it by about 10-20 bucks

Before you start acusing people of just mouthing off and not knowing what there talking about, you should understand that just because you slap a price on something doesn't mean that's what it's worth. I personally love the elderscrolls, but I think that anyone who's going to (in my opinion) waste there money on plastic junk, is nuts. However I understand that the (plastic junk) is worth something to some people.

Whatever you guys say. I already preordered the CE (and 4 other games :whistling:). Say all you want, it was worth it :P

AMEN! :thumbsup:

I simply don't understand why some people won't leave alone the fact that some people see value in it and others don't. You're entitled to your opinion, but saying that it's trash is the same to me as saying that you're not a fan for buying it. It's all perspective and saying such flaming things will only result in arguments. I said that I was fan enough to buy the CE and I don't really care what the monetary value of it all is in the end to someone else (though I do hope there will be a good price for that statue in the future...), I care more about what it means to me. It doesn't make you a bad person for not getting it, it just means that you don't see the value in it as a fan. I didn't want to be wrong in saying that this topic wouldn't be harmful to anyone, so I hope the CE hate stops soon.

Anyone that has collected baseball/basketball cards understands that worth is different to value.

The monalisa is just canvas and paint, probably worth less than $50. its real value is the enjoyment people get from looking at it.