Soulmates

BlackBaron2

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in soulmates and/or The One?

• I believe in "The One" and "soulmates".
    • I don't believe in "The One" but I do believe in "soulmates".
    • I don't believe in either concept.
    • Not sure

So, before you vote, please read:

The definition of soulmates, for this argument, is "people who are a perfect match". The definition of "The One" being "one perfect match for everyone".

I will be honest, I don't believe in either concept. I'm not bitter, or lonely--I'm lucky to have found someone I feel comfortable and extremely compatible with. I think the very concepts of "soulmates" and "The One", are counterproductive to achieving a society where everybody is treated equally, especially since the romance genre is so damn sexist.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am unfortunately on my way out the door for the day. Think this is a good topic though. Will just say this for now. I do believe in the concept of soul mates. Do not however believe that they necessarily have to be your lovers. People who truly connect with one another on many levels can be seen as soul mates without ever being physical partners. I have had this experience myself. As far as finding "the one", this is a bit more complicated. Will have to mull this one over while I am out today. I hope this thread gets a lot of responses. I will come back later....

Yes I believe in the concept and have been married to mine for thirty six years, she is the missing half of me or put another way... together the sum is greater than the parts. If I could go back to my youth I would ask her to marry me again even knowing everything I know now, both good and bad.

I would lean closer to no since I don't really like the choice of words.

It makes it seem like you are saying that a person is predetermined to be perfect for you. I believe that people can have very similar emotions, way of thinking, and opinions, which makes for a good life long partner. I don't think any of this is decided by fate.

I voted no for both. It depends on the definition your going to give me. If you consider a soul mate to be a extremely good life long partner, then of course. If your saying it is decided by something else then no.

All my friends are soulmates, including my girlfriend for 35 years, who is today my wife. We are strong apart and strong together, I believe I just bumped into all those people incidentially, and we have a talent for "feeling" each others chemestry, :cool:

Well I guess it's what you mean by soulmates.

I can tell you I fell head over heels for my husband at age 18, and we've been together ever since. I couldn't love him more, or imagine a better man to spend my life with, we live, love and laugh together, and I can breathe when he's with me. Instead of a ball and chain, he's my wings.

Well I guess it's what you mean by soulmates.

I can tell you I fell head over heels for my husband at age 18, and we've been together ever since. I couldn't love him more, or imagine a better man to spend my life with, we live, love and laugh together, and I can breathe when he's with me. Instead of a ball and chain, he's my wings.

Ya took the words out of my mouth :happy: Exactly how I feel about my boyfriend of 7 of the most fantastic years of my life.

I most definitely believe in a "soulmate", I believe that "out there", there is that "special someone" that just makes us feel right, someone that just "fits", I can't explain it, but they fill the mould of our heart like no one else can and bring us a rest that somehow

no one else is able to.

We can totally unveil ourselves with them and expose our fragility before them and unashamedly let them gaze upon our naked souls without walls.

I believe in a "love-mate" who will defend us in all our weaknesses, who will be our covering and comfort us and shield us from any enemies assault.

I believe that there is that ONE true special person who was specifically designed just for me.

They won't neccessarily be "perfect', or the most handsome or beautiful, and we'll definitely have challenges but they will stick with us through thick and thin and just like a coin has two sides, together we'll complete each other and bring value to each other's lives.

This is not a dream, I believe that such people exist ...