[WIP] Beyond Boulder Dome

rjhelms84

Looks cute. Just don't ruin her by making her dialouge/voice similar to a certain companion mod that everybody loves for some reason.

--I've not actually tried that mod, even though it looks awesome, so there's no danger of that, hopefully, as Kate's voice actress is very talented and unique.

It's a pass. The mod is just catered to 14 year old boys so they can dress Willow up in all the newest slutty Type-3 desu so kawaii animu outfits.

It is? I think it's a really nice mod I and seriously HATE the unrealistic and plastic female characters you see on this site. I made her wear the roving trader outfit which is -if you ask me- a more fitting outfit to wear in a post-apocalyptic world. I also had to change her default clothes and face because she looked too slutty imho. To me she's the only living thing in FNV besides me. The default companions never do things like ex. sing or hum a melody when they're bored. They just feel too robotic to me. Though her dialog is more than often quite horrible and need a lot of work imho. It's the small things that your companion does while you're traversing the wastelands that makes it so much more believable if you ask me.

Anyway, back to the topic. I like what I've seen so far:) Keep the good work up!

edit

So, I'm done editing now:P

Edited by nahtanoJ

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cute. Just don't ruin her by making her dialouge/voice similar to a certain companion mod that everybody loves for some reason.

--I've not actually tried that mod, even though it looks awesome, so there's no danger of that, hopefully, as Kate's voice actress is very talented and unique.

It's a pass. The mod is just catered to 14 year old boys so they can dress Willow up in all the newest slutty Type-3 desu so kawaii animu outfits.

It is? I think it's a really nice mod I and seriously HATE the unrealistic and plastic female characters you see on this site. I made her wear the roving trader outfit which is -if you ask me- a more fitting outfit to wear in a post-apocalyptic world. I also had to change her default clothes and face because she looked too slutty imho. To me she's the only living thing in FNV besides me. The default companions never do things like ex. sing or hum a melody when they're bored. They just feel too robotic to me. Though her dialog is more than often quite horrible and need a lot of work imho. It's the small things that your companion does while you're traversing the wastelands that makes it so much more believable if you ask me.

Anyway, back to the topic. I like what I've seen so far:) Keep the good work up!

edit

Sure, those are some nice touches, but the character lacks any substance beyond that. She's advertised as being faction neutral, but in a Post-Apocalyptic society, you're probably going to have a preference to a certain faction. Raul and Lily are exceptions, mainly because Raul has been around long enough to know that they all have the same goals at the end of the day, and Lily is just too Psychologically damaged to care. As well, her quest is boring and uninteresting. You get stuff back for her? Sorry, but it doesn't sound as interesting as trying to convince a dying culture to change it's outlook, or gathering a team of elderly ex-fascists to aid at the final battle.

edit

Sure, those are some nice touches, but the character lacks any substance beyond that. She's advertised as being faction neutral, but in a Post-Apocalyptic society, you're probably going to have a preference to a certain faction. Raul and Lily are exceptions, mainly because Raul has been around long enough to know that they all have the same goals at the end of the day, and Lily is just too Psychologically damaged to care. As well, her quest is boring and uninteresting. You get stuff back for her? Sorry, but it doesn't sound as interesting as trying to convince a dying culture to change it's outlook, or gathering a team of elderly ex-fascists to aid at the final battle.

I agree, but I never said her quest's interesting. I just like that she's doing more than just silently following me around. Though a more mature/intelligent version of her would be nice but that's as likely to happen as a gay pride parade through the Vatican City.

Edited by nahtanoJ

Could you guys relocate this argument to the willow thread, please? I don't want this thread cluttered with arguments about other mods.

Yeah, I was trying to prevent that but admittedly not very hard. My apologies.

What kind of outfits do you guys need texturing for?

Basically, the outfits will be created by mashing-up pre-existing outfits, and the UVs will be done again, so we can have one texture path. So the texture-artists job would be to create new textures, or to take parts from pre-existing textures to create them.

Personally, if I took over the job myself, I would borrow parts from pre-existing textures, and play with color-levels, that sort of thing, as I'm not a skilled texture-artist, so that'd result in the best quality from me. But if you've got the skill to create new textures that compare to the vanilla ones, then that'd be the preference.

The outfits are mainly basic clothing, rather than armors.

I'm willing to help with voiceovers and have a quality microphone. I'm told I have no placeable accent most of the time, but I grew up in Virginia and can lapse country... especially if bourbon is involved.

What kind of timeframe for release is this on?

Edited by thepodger