[WIP] Beyond Boulder Dome

rjhelms84

Wow this is looking great! Really looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

On a side note, when you get cool new stuffs to showcase could you maybe edit the images into the first post? Saves having to scan through the thread for them :turned:

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it is difficult to say, when it comes to a project of this size, since there are a lot of people involved in its creation, who all have their own lives. If you want me to guess, I'd say 2 months.... but then again.... I've been saying that for a while now. But the delay isn't due to slow progress, as we're making great progress.... it's just that the mod is much bigger than I originally intended, and there's a lot more work involved than one first realizes.

Most of the work has been done now though, and it feels like we're very close to finishing this one off.

Well, it is difficult to say, when it comes to a project of this size, since there are a lot of people involved in its creation, who all have their own lives. If you want me to guess, I'd say 2 months.... but then again.... I've been saying that for a while now. But the delay isn't due to slow progress, as we're making great progress.... it's just that the mod is much bigger than I originally intended, and there's a lot more work involved than one first realizes.

Most of the work has been done now though, and it feels like we're very close to finishing this one off.

Will you continue to support the mod with patches and bug fixes once you release it? Also, are you looking for beta testers, or will you be doing an open beta?

Yes, the mod will be continually improved upon. We already have a part 2 in the works, covering the city of Denver, etc, which will act as a larger extension to Boulder Dome, so in the end it'll be all one mod. But yes, this mod will be continually worked upon and improved. Also, I've been testing every little thing, as I go along, so hopefully there will be minimal bugs.

If you're thinking of Dog City, that wasn't a serious mod attempt, more like a warm up to get me familiar with the Geck, so it was abandoned as I didn't think it was worth improving.

We may have beta testers, but likely the team-mates themselves will be enough, as a lot of them will be testing the complete mod before release. We also have a lot more team-mates than stated in the initial post here, but haven't updated it yet.