What was the worst job you ever had

kvnchrist

I got this idea from another forum. Just thought it would do well here.

What was the worst job you've ever had in your life and why did you keep it?

While I was still drinking and drugging, If found myself living with my natural brother. I had exhausted all my other options and took a job at a fancy Mexican restaurant as a dishwasher. I had to ride a bike made for someone half my age, about 10 miles, back and forth to work and slept on the living room couch.

I started out about and hour before I had to report to work and got home, after closing, about 01:00 in the morning. still soaking wet, with dish water

The place I worked at made me wash dishes as fast as I could and give them up for the next order, even though they still had food still caked on from the last. I kept doing that until I was picked up by the police one night on my way home. I had forgotten a ticket I had gotten and spent the night in jail, covered in that dish water.

7 years ago I worked at Sam's club (walmart affiiliate) as a cashier.

the work wasnt so hard. (bit physical stress while moving cat litter box and gatoray box), it was the people that I worked with were real jerks including the manager.

all the physical stress, I can deal with it. I don't like remembering those days, I tried to whisteblow on one of the manager breaking law, and it eventually backfired on me and I was forced to quit the work.

Working for an electrician in Texas during the summer. The lowest man on the totem pole gets all of the hardest and worst work. The day that made me decide to give notice was when i had to pull service cable for over 200 feet through the boiling hot attic of a building surrounded by very angry wasps. Just getting the spool outside on the trailer to rotate took every last bit of strength and energy I had. When I was finally done and managed to crawl back outside I was asked by the guy who was telling me what to do that day if I was ready for the second run for the sauna. I nearly died right there on the spot. On a couple of different jobs, other crews had even asked me why I was the only one doing any work.