Saving and loading

WolfySnackrib

let's hope they continue to have the same well documented buggy and dangerous quicksaves and quickloads

so much fun telling people not to use these game killing options.

(Yes they actually kill your save - eventually)

Wtf are you talking about? haha :hurr:

I think he's referring to the risks of quicksaves becoming corrupt after a while in Oblivion, especially if it's heavily modded. That or the chances that you manage to quicksave in a very bad/glitched situation. It's not a very good idea to rely on it too much anyway. I've made the mistake once or twice myself :unsure: Even if they've fixed it in Skyrim, I'll probably wont be able to trust it anyway :P

With a bethesda game its best to have multiple saves .. heres what I do .. Save between each mission/quest at you home .. save after every major room clear on a different save .. then use quicksave for world travel .. so you should have three save files with this way and a consistent safe save at your home or a city .. and this isn't bethesda's fault .. they do there best .. this is a fault in an open world with dynamic quests.

• 2 weeks later...

I know what you mean.

Quicksaving just before trying to pickpocket someone, if you fail reload, repeat.

And yes, Quicksaving is in, I heard that someone was laughing at Adam Sessler (G4TV) because he was quicksaving every few minutes.

Lol Oh Adam :tongue:

When I played the Xbox version of Oblivion, I must of had 100+ saves at one point. Every couple weeks or so I would spend ten minutes deleting them all.

The worst thing that ever happened to me in Oblivion was when I completed a huge mission, and then found all the crap I was storing at Cloud Ruler Temple had disapeared. Thus began the tedious task of loading an older save (that's why I do it) buying a house, moving all my crap there (four trips), and then redoing the mission. Ugh.

confirmed by pete hines via twitter that Skyrim will have an adjustable three slot auto-save feature .. Seems pretty cool .. I liked how Deus Ex HR had two auto saves so I think three will be great .. I hate loosing my work when a glitch takes place or I mess up.

Yeah, adding two more available auto-saves would finally make them quite useful, and a good alternative to the quicksaves. In Oblivion, autosaves were made way too close to whenever the game messed up (Or when I messed up :P ) to ever be useful. I hope they also make them autosave when you click on entering a door, not after you've entered a door.