[WIPz] Maya NIF Plug-in 0.6.1 underway

raziel23x

Hello I am one of the new members of the NifTools Team thanks to amorilia for allowing me to help out over there on http://niftools.sourceforge.net. As of right now I just have access to the SVN and creating releases for maya. I dont have access to the NifTools forums just yet. Awaiting Wz to update my status there but on the tracker I have write access as well as the SVN where the source code is located at.

I am currently working on the source code for Maya found on the SVN over on NifTools.

I have made some changes to the code and fixed a issue with the plug-in adding a Blank Node called Manipulator1 Which I found was being exported instead of being ignored. I did this by making a blank Nif file to see what was not being ignored. Manipulator1 is a default setting that has shown up for Version 8.5 by default. Thanks to Shon for given me the Idea to create a blank nif file to see why this was showing up on all my test exports.

I am currently working on other changes to it as well.

There are other changes that I am thinking about working on as well as investigating some more things that could be added to the exporter.

I have made changes to how compiling the script to be much easier to compile and updated the wiki to reflect the changes done to the code on the SVN. I have revised the install script to be better tuned to the changes as well.

I am right now just revising the script and just cleaning it up a bit.

I am not sure when i will release Version 0.6.1 just yet I am wanting to look at the code some more and do some more testing before I feel that a release is needed.

• 2 years later...

As an integrated 3D modeling, animation, and rendering solution based on an open architecture, Autodesk Maya software is a tool of choice for those who require a high level of control over their game art workflows and pipelines. Maya offers:

• A comprehensive range of keyframe, nonlinear, and advanced character animation editing tools
  • A wide-ranging suite of advanced polygon, NURBS, and subdivision surface modeling and texturing tools
  • A unified rendering user interface and workflow
  • The Python® Scripting Language, Maya Embedded Scripting Language (MEL), and a comprehensive API that allow developers to customize and scale implementation

Learn More

Featured Customer Story

Congrats on joining the dev team. It will be good to see Maya development pick up again.

FYI - If we create a 2D/3D forum area, I'll move this to the new area. We are still discussing this in the staff area.