ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Armor Request

AurianaValoria1

Sorry guys, but I will not be able to update anything today. I planned to have the Scabbard of the sword done, the right arm and start on the legs. However, I have only been able to finish the arm part.

Work, friends, movies and Dragon Age: Origins really eat my time :P

I promise by the weekend the Scabbard will be done. Hopefully I'll get something to show on the armor too :)

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! It really does motivate me to keep working on it.

Cheers,

Matth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the others. Great job so far. Armor and sword looking great. Further I agree with Auri and her comment about the handle. Nice to read that your willing to adapt it - and I have a little similar question about the shape of the upperpart. Is this roundish shape the final shape, or have you in mind to adjust them to a more leaf-like shape?

Keep up this fantastic work. We all believe in you and staying curious for any new results. :biggrin:

Edited by Tobjoern

Allready adjusted :)

I am in a phase where I worry about shape, not polygons. So fixes are easy to do. The only time I wont do any changes to the model, is after I've done the baking and started texturing. Prior to that, I can adjust whatver needs adjusting. The better the model becomes, the better it is for everybody :)

EDIT: I don't assume somebody got a picture of the sword scabbard? Most pictures only got the to and the bottom shown. That means there is a huge middle part I need to "guess"! I kind od don't want to freemodel something like that, when everything else is strictly after the reference :)

Cheers

Matth

Edited by Matth85

Hmm...that's a tough one, Matth85. The sword really is never pictured with a scabbard. It doesn't even have one in the actual game. If you want to leave a scabbard off, that's fine with me. If not, I guess just go by the armor design and try to match it. :confused:

Keep it up, and good luck! :D

Thanks!

There is still a good portion I'd have to guess. We'll see what I can make up :)

EDIT: I am going away for the weekend, to no progress can be made. I'll start up monday. Hopefully done by next Friday :)

Cheers,

Matth

Edited by Matth85

Since I am just too awesome, I manage to put some houres into 3d yesterday. Got some work on the lowerbody done, and wrapped up the left arm.

Currently I am going to fix the knee-pads, to get a more leaf like shape, then generally fix the annoying shapeof the legs. Then I am moving towards detailing the legs some more. After that I believe the sketching is done, and I will proceed to detail it all with smaller details.

I lost my work on the scabard, so I dropped that. Since it wasn't such a big deal, or so I was told. I hope nobody gets upset because of that :)

Picture:

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/7057/armortry.jpg

Cheers,

Matth