The art of Beauty

kvnchrist

What is the true definition of beauty. Is it the flesh our bodies are encased in or the soul within? Is it the kind hand of a stranger reaching out to us or the stunning image of of our hearts desire, painted up like a toy doll?. If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then what actually is art. Who defines it and who determines when and if it extends beyond the confines of acceptable limits? Why does it acquire value far beyond what will sustain the bodies of those who perchance it? Dose possessing it really make us any better than we are or just add to our prestige?

I don't remember who said it, but the best definition for art I've ever heard is "A recreational activity, or product thereof, which does not contribute to a human's chance of survival.

So beauty is not a recreational activity (or product) and being "beautiful" could increase the chances of finding a partner, which would increase chances of survival.

Thus beauty is not art.

Does that help?

Edited by Swordfish42

Beauty is definitely good looks ... don't play the politically correct game, if you're hot, then you're hot, end of story ... and we all pursue outer beauty, just look at all the mods here that improve the body type - like Dimon's type 3 and Blackblossom's mod, and the tons of others that make the sidewalk sizzle as you go by ... oh yes, we love to look good, we love tshhhhhhhh hotness.

You certainly don't just pull on "something" in the morning, no, you clothe yourself with that which makes you look good and when you look good you feel good and when you feel good you're confident and when you're confident then things just seem to magically happen, don't they ?

It's like you can almost feel it pumping up and down your legs like a hot beat ... " if you want my money and you think I'm sexy, c'mon honey and tell me so ....

But we also like those things which stimulate us aesthetically, those things that connect to our souls and give us pleasure, and it's to each his or her own ... as it's written somewhere, " we are all drawn away by our own lusts", so poetic, so true ... whatever flicks your switch or floats your boat, thats beauty honey :thumbsup:

Edited by Nintii

Beauty is a word, it is completely covered by its definition.

Beauty is not just looks and is not just the mind by definition, it is both.

So if your simply asking what beauty is then all you need to do is find the definition, its not something that is deep.

There seems to be two schools of thought here, one saying beauty is skin deep and the other saying it encompasses the inner being as well. I'll agree that attraction may only be skin deep initially but do think that true beauty is both the outer and inner person. I have met some truly stunning women whose inner self was not the least bit nice and hence my subjective opinion of their overall beauty went way down and conversely have met what might be termed as simply attractive women who were a delight to get to know and my subjective opinion of their overall beauty went up. Just my two cents.

I still don't get what your saying...

Its not deep, by definition it does not just cover the looks of the body, it also covers other areas.

I think you should refrain from textbook definitions and look into your own experiences. Did you have a grandma, and if so did you visit her as a child. I want you to think of the feelings you had, when you were around her. were they warm? Did those feelings bring you joy? If so, weren't they beautiful memories?

I still don't get what your saying...

Its not deep, by definition it does not just cover the looks of the body, it also covers other areas.

I think you should refrain from textbook definitions and look into your own experiences. Did you have a grandma, and if so did you visit her as a child. I want you to think of the feelings you had, when you were around her. were they warm? Did those feelings bring you joy? If so, weren't they beautiful memories?

The thing is, by a textbook definition beauty is considered both inner beauty and outer beauty.