The art of Beauty

kvnchrist

There is nothing wrong with wanting a partner you find physically beautiful. Everyone has a different idea of what this is for them. Some people want supermodels, some people find more beauty in someone plain or average looking (I think of myself as pleasantly average unless I'm having a crappy day!). Some people prefer slender or atheletic builds, others want someone more rounded or larger. No problem.

The only issue I have is when others feel a need to put down or be cruel to people who don't meet their standards for beauty. You don't like fat girls? Fine by me, it's all good. It ceases being all good when some jerk decides he has to insult me for not being the current weight standard for beauty in the Western world. Sorry to break it to you buddy, but I don't exist for your pleasure; I exist for myself.

Beauty is in the world all around us. The more you expand your mind to find beauty, the more of it you'll see. Mind, I'm not going to find beauty in paper-wrapped dog poo any time soon, but to each their own :P

As for beauty in general, for me it's that old saying about obscentiy: "I know it when I see it." I can't properly word it, but I know that when I look at my partner or a flower or a painting I like, it's there for me.

Beauty is for me:

1. a person with an interesting mind

2. a fat lady

3. a slim lady

4. a fat man

5. a slim man

6. a nice spider, all symetric and hairy

7. a thunderstorm

8. a blizzard

9. a child

10. plants, flowers, my cacti, art, etc

To mention just a few

Some of them have an immidiate outer beauty that I can see. Others need a closer look, or I need to know a person better before I "see" the beauty of this person. Strange, for me it is like that, if I like people, and find their attitude nice, they will become more beautyfull in my eyes.

I find it okay to improve or enhance our looks by using certain make-ups, though it´s against my old hippie culture, I like the natural style, but see nothing wrong by enhancing ones outer beaty. After all, it is art, and can be beatyfull too as long as it is well done and not exagerated.

For me beaty, and how we se beauty is very much connected with what is hiding under the surface, and not just the outer look. I mean this subject is so much subjective, that it will be impossible to have a clear definition in a book of teeaching.

HeyYou said;

If you wrap dog poop in pretty paper, it is still dog poop. :) While physical beauty may attract at first, if there isn't something on the inside to enjoy as well, well, then there is no enjoyment. (applies to people.)

I say;

Ahem, this is about what you find beautiful ... on the surface IT IS beautiful, if however, you decide to dig deeper and discover that what lies under the surface is not so attractive, then THAT IT IS NOT attractive ... but that still does not take away from the fact that what you FIRST saw was beautiful.

The paper is still pretty ... you said so yourself, and that's the focus ... what is beautiful.

Everything in this life has a flaw if you look hard enough but that's not the focus here, is it.

You can have the most beautiful body in the world, great face, gorgeous hair, etc, etc, etc. BUT, If you have the personality of an evil dictator, I am NOT going to find you beautiful for long. Physical beauty is indeed only skin deep, if what's below that superficial surface is uglier than a dogs butt, then the surface doesn't really matter much any more. At least, not to me.

Also, it isn't about the sex. :D

HeyYou said;

If you wrap dog poop in pretty paper, it is still dog poop. :) While physical beauty may attract at first, if there isn't something on the inside to enjoy as well, well, then there is no enjoyment. (applies to people.)

I say;

Ahem, this is about what you find beautiful ... on the surface IT IS beautiful, if however, you decide to dig deeper and discover that what lies under the surface is not so attractive, then THAT IT IS NOT attractive ... but that still does not take away from the fact that what you FIRST saw was beautiful.

The paper is still pretty ... you said so yourself, and that's the focus ... what is beautiful.

Everything in this life has a flaw if you look hard enough but that's not the focus here, is it.

You can have the most beautiful body in the world, great face, gorgeous hair, etc, etc, etc. BUT, If you have the personality of an evil dictator, I am NOT going to find you beautiful for long. Physical beauty is indeed only skin deep, if what's below that superficial surface is uglier than a dogs butt, then the surface doesn't really matter much any more. At least, not to me.

You have no disagreement with me on this ... but you fail to see (purposefully or not, I don't know), that I was ONLY focusing on the outer.

I mean let's face it, WE ALL know or have met that "someone" at sometime or the other who literally glittered on the outside but weren't that much as you delved deeper.

But i'll say it again, I'm NOT focusing on that, I'm looking at the OUTSIDE ... let's take a bunch of roses, on the outside they're absolutely beautiful but internally they're deader than a door nail,

there is no life there.

But we don't focus on how kaput they are, we're checking the outside, right ? ... Right ! .... same same here.

If I follow your line then I'm only going to focus on people, and in that case your words will ring true everytime because no one is exempt we're all flawed ...

Another example, if I focus on a beautiful sculpture i should in fact say ... HeyYou, yeah you, that's only a hard piece of granite inside that sculpture, it's cold and unfeeling therefore, it doesn't really matter what's on the outside.

I mean let's face it that observation would be true, but we're not looking there.

This has been my main focus from post number one on this topic ... fun, frivolity, skin, etc., let's face it, we all know that people are messed up so why focus on that ?

But I have left thoughts here and there on my views of the deeper issues ... not perhaps from the way you or anyone else sees things but from my viewpoint.

HeyYou, yeah you again :laugh: a dog's rear is nothing compared to that of a monkey

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff434/yuri-chick/MonkeyButt.jpg

Edited by Nintii

HeyYou said;

I say;

You have no disagreement with me on this ... but you fail to see (purposefully or not, I don't know), that I was ONLY focusing on the outer.

I mean let's face it, WE ALL know or have met that "someone" at sometime or the other who literally glittered on the outside but weren't that much as you delved deeper.

But i'll say it again, I'm NOT focusing on that, I'm looking at the OUTSIDE ... let's take a bunch of roses, on the outside they're absolutely beautiful but internally they're deader than a door nail,

there is no life there.

But we don't focus on how kaput they are, we're checking the outside, right ? ... Right ! .... same same here.

If I follow your line then I'm only going to focus on people, and in that case your words will ring true everytime because no one is exempt we're all flawed ...

Another example, if I focus on a beautiful sculpture i should in fact say ... HeyYou, yeah you, that's only a hard piece of granite inside that sculpture, it's cold and unfeeling therefore, it doesn't really matter what's on the outside.

I mean let's face it that observation would be true, but we're not looking there.

This has been my main focus from post number one on this topic ... fun, frivolity, skin, etc., let's face it, we all know that people are messed up so why focus on that ?

But I have left thoughts here and there on my views of the deeper issues ... not perhaps from the way you or anyone else sees things but from my viewpoint.

HeyYou, yeah you again :laugh: a dog's rear is nothing compared to that of a monkey

http://i1235.photobucket.com/albums/ff434/yuri-chick/MonkeyButt.jpg

bolded part explains a lot. Yep, I am being a bit more holistic. :D

Yeah, that's an ugly butt....... You win. :D