Is it worth it?

Dastardlybob

Is it worth getting FO: 3 for the PC? I had it and all DLC on the Xbox 360 before I was even aware of mods. (pathetic huh?)

I felt nostalgic for the game after doing another play through of the main quest line of New Vegas when you kill off the Brother Chapter there.

So my question for you of the nexus; is it worth getting the FO: 3 GOTY edition for the PC, or just stick to New Vegas?

IMHO there is enough quality custom content produced by the community available on this and other sites that Morrowind, Oblivion, FO3 and FNV all become superior versions on the PC when compared to their vanilla console counterparts.

I would say you can try both Fallout 3 and New vegas , if you purchase the two it will always cost you less than an xbox game.

And there is no way you can enhance a game this way on xbox.

Believe me, my Fallout 3 moded version is almost twice better than the xbox versionb by all mean, new quests (not fake little project, i'm talking about real quests with new actors,voices etc... some modders are crazy ) new towns, new places, new ennemies, hundreds of new outfits armors and weapons, a lot of graphic enhancement, you are missing something if you liked this game friend.

Fallout 3 have a great fans community that continue playing modding (some are way better than me on this) and it's not gonna end for a long time.

Edited by MonsterMonkey

man the game isn't even playable without mods, some of the modders blow the developers away. In fact Fallout New vegas even dare I say stole/borrowed quite a few ideas from mods that were developed for fallout 3

If the game can be modded I'll never buy the console versions, mods are a gift from god:)

Edited by oxy21

man the game isn't even playable without mods, some of the modders blow the developers away. In fact Fallout New vegas even dare I say stole/borrowed quite a few ideas from mods that were developed for fallout 3

If the game can be modded I'll never buy the console versions, mods are a gift from god:)

^THIS

Is it worth getting FO: 3 for the PC? I had it and all DLC on the Xbox 360 before I was even aware of mods. (pathetic huh?)

I felt nostalgic for the game after doing another play through of the main quest line of New Vegas when you kill off the Brother Chapter there.

So my question for you of the nexus; is it worth getting the FO: 3 GOTY edition for the PC, or just stick to New Vegas?

Yes, and get the mod, "Fallout Wanderers Edition" One of the greatest mods ever for Fallout 3. You really don't have to download any other mod but this. Totally changes the vanilla game for the better.

Yes. The vanilla game blows with its poor gameplay mechanics and it's awful, laughable story; the mods fix all of this. Everything from higher resolution graphics to vastly improved gameplay to a story that doesn't suck dick. Without the mods the game isn't worth the money it costs sitting in the bargain bin.