Challenge to bring my friend's new PC down!

PrettyMurky

My friend recently bought a new 2.4ghz 8 core i7 with 16gb 1600mhz ram, ati radeon hd 6970, 2gb ram, and a solid state hard drive. He is under the belief that it can take whatever Oblivion can throw at it. I propose we prove him wrong.

Obviously I'm thinking Quarls Texture Pack 3, Open Better Cities, Unique Landscapes, OBGE, and the visible when distants; but does anyone have any other suggestions? Anything that shows off what modded Oblivion can do, whilst being as system intensive as possible!

Obviously I'm thinking Quarls Texture Pack 3

be certain to use the full version of QTP3 --- not one of the lite variants

and look for ear-candy mods too (sound can sap vid performance too)

then install the full FCOM

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=6152

might want to edit the mod and removed the simplified processing while rat swarms attack... thats sure to lag him up

Ha! Nice. Although deliberately making a mod less effiecient would be 'cheating' a bit. I want to see if his computer can hack the most impressive mods, rather than just try and slow it down by any means. The waves of rats will be useful, to get as many actors in memory as possible. If I can get them to follow me to Open better Chorrol, with extended population; and maybe change them to imps, so they're casting spells; thats gotta give it something to work with!

be certain to use the full version of QTP3 --- not one of the lite variants

and look for ear-candy mods too (sound can sap vid performance too)

then install the full FCOM

Hadn't thought of sound, that'll be worth going for. I might add FCOM; if I can be bothered with the installing.

Ha! Nice. Although deliberately making a mod less effiecient would be 'cheating' a bit.

But but but! I am the mod author,.. im giving you 'permission' :)

wait,.. i have a better solution (quickly uploads rigged version in place of the true version) muhahahahaha!

... i forget why I ever made that mod, to be honest

Edited by El`derina

Quick and dirty install of FCOM - google the Fcom Superpack - also adds COBL to the basic FCOM.

Don't forget all the "bigger texture" mods other than QTP3 - reskinned creatures and characters.

And add in some of the mods which add extra npcs wholesale to the roads and cities

Edited by MarkInMKUK

Don't forget to put HBAO and/or Ring SSAO in the shaderlist. Also get liquid water obviously

Cats and Rats

WAC (if you don't feel like installing fcom)

High resolution body and face textures.

Mythic's textures for animal and monsters.

improved tree and flora

Laura's new flower

more immersive sounds

sounds of cyrodiil

raevwd

High heel mod

full landscape LOD textures replacement (4096x4096 one of course)

CM Partner. Get a few followers.

Black horse courier enhanced (it add courier on the roads)

All natural with natural environment

Immersive interiors

AWLS with chimney

lol all you need to do is go to advanced search, hit search. Then make it so that the mods are organized largest first. Have fun taking down his pc, which is actually nearly indestructible to most mods. But like all armor, it can be taken down with multiple men with sharp swords.