Energy weapons - component parts

Ruadhan2300

Some may be aware of my in-progress off-n-on Mad Science! project. if not, its linked to in my sig.

As part of it, I'm creating the ability to break down energy weapons into their component modules and reassemble them into more interesting weapons and devices.

I'm trying to keep it simple and straightforward, so I figured I'd put it up here for discussion.

my current lineup of parts I've got available for use:

Accelerator Coils - Gauss coils. used in Gauss rifles and plasma weapons. since they operate on identical principles. essentially a line of ring-shaped electromagnets.

Focusing Array - tightens light beams into a more narrow and intense beam. technically just a bunch of mirrors and lenses. not restricted for use in energy weapons, its also adaptible as optics for scopes and so on.

Laser Capacitor - an intensifier of sorts, a laser is projected into it, held in a closed loop with the amount of energy growing higher and higher, then released in the beam when fired.

Plasma Injector - injects plasma from a storage bottle into the gun's mechanism.

Tesla Capacitor - uber powerful capacitor for use with electricity, standard idea of one, but higher energy density because of Fallout-universe physics

Tesla Coil - Included mostly because of FO3 claiming that Tesla Cannons have them. the TCs actually have two if you look at the model. I'm not sure what this does, I think its some form of capacitor/discharge unit. In my mind, it's an uber-powerful spark-plug if you will. I'm not a major physics buff, so my knowledge of the Fallout world's physics is probably pretty unbiased :P

Recharger Unit - the part of a Recharger rifle that makes it recharge :P...duh.. I never really understood how these were meant to work. some mods make the recharger rifle and pistol have solar panels. I'm guessing its a capacitor and a rad-electrical converter of sorts. so it trickle-charges the capacitor using radiation from the breeder cell. so I guess this part would be the converter piece. maybe I'll rename it later.

I reckon that's a good start, I probably won't need many more, but if anyone can think of anything to add, or wants to suggest anything else...let me know.

my plan is that breaking down an energy weapon at a workbench will yield some combination of these parts and other misc items like sensor modules, scrap electronics and scrap metal. I have the combinations worked out already for the most part.