Why are my mods under rated?

oc3

Why would you not dowload these? Mainly the 2 mentioned.  

17 members have voted

1. 1. I am not interested in visual improvements.

2. 2. I don't care if things have Physics or not.

3. 3. My computer cannot handle it.

OK,

Thanks for reading this.

I am very perplexed here, and I really want to understand why these mods are not getting more attention.

It seems that the better and more impressive my mods are, the fewer downloads they actually get. The main two that I am referring to from the list below are Imperial City Lighting Overhaul and Physics Enabled Immersive Sewer Exit .

I think my others are a bit under rated also, but these two are my latest and possibly best work, and have very few downloads, but thousands of views. IC lighting Overhaul (for Better Cities) is the one that has the greatest impact on visual experience and immersion of the two based on quantity since it affects several places in IC . I think you will find that the quality is very good also.

The Physics Enabled Sewer Exit mod is very cool and unique ( not to mention innovative) , but only affects a small portion of the game. But why not try it out anyway, since there is no other mod that does this? (that I know of)

Is it simply that people have come to the point that the only popular things are manga, anime, and sexy clothes? Not knocking it, but maybe I am just a bit late on the scene.

Please take the poll, it only allowed me 3 questions, but feel free to add any other comments to your reply.

Thanks!

OC3

My Mods:

Better Clocks for Cyrodiil

Better Clocks for Better Cities

Better Rainbows

Imperial City Lighting Overhaul

Immersive Prison Sewer Exit

Physics Enabled Immersive Sewer Exit

Glowier Nirnroots

Scarier Orcs

Edited by oc3

To paraphrase Admiral Ackbar, "My computer can't handle awesome of this magnitude!"

Your mods are lovely, and you're very talented. I could be flippant and say 'Needs moar bewbz!' but that really isn't the problem. I also think that the people who would be interested in these sorts of mods are putting aside Oblivion and waiting for Skyrim. I hope you'll dazzle us some more when it comes out!

From my own experience I can say that 1- I don't use better cities and I already have ImpeREAL cities installed which mods the white-gold tower lighting nicely. 2- A lot of players get tired of the same old 'start in a prison cell and go through the basic tutorial' grind after about the 100th time through and so use alt-start mods. The only time I see the sewer exit is when I go back to visit Valen Dreth later on. 3- After modding Oblivion for a couple of years my mod list is quite full so I have to be very choosy what I add now so as not to go over the limit. Armor mods can often be combined together to save space, so people can download hundreds of them and just combine them together.

This is not to say your mods don't look interesting. I've considered downloading it the next time I switch my mod list around. Perhaps I could GECKO it into the UL-Imperial Isle mod. Either way, don't get discouraged. Your mods tend to fill a very specific niche and so might not get widespred use. Doesn't mean they aren't good. Do what you enjoy and have fun.

RP

Hey, I know the feeling. I'm on the verge of making a Sexlivion rework, so the abundent, horny teens, would HAVE to use my Real-time Interactions engine then :D

As for your two mods: Personally, I don't have either. Mainly, because at present I'm in the process of making too many of my own mods, and want the system as vanilla as possible for quicker running. However even when I do finally get around to playing the game, I'll probably avoid the lighting mod, just because I intend to have my PC pushed fairly close to the limit in other ways; and that kind of aesthetic mod, whilst nice, adds less to the game than something like Extended Imperial City. As for the physics enabler; I was planning on giving that a go at some point. From a modding point of view, I'm pretty curious as to how you did it.

Speaking of modding; I should get back to it...

Thanks to all for their comments and I welcome more, please.

Especially @ razorpony,

I think you hit on something that I missed, I have now changed my description to make it clear that one does not need to play through the whole tutorial to experience this mod. You can re-enter the last part of the sewer exit through a trap door under a bush outside the sewer exit, and then replay the last 5 minutes or so of the sewer exit in an entirely new atmosphere. There is also a great loot to be found.

Maybe I didn't make it clear enough that you did not have to replay the whole tutorial... Thanks to you, I've maybe improved my description.

Thanks for you input

OC3

Possibly it's because while they'r impressive, the mods don't really do much for the game. The sewer exit one is useful for maybe people who happen to be leaving the sewers or something, but other than that it's just a novelty, which wears off extremely fast in the modding world. If the mod were more widespread and did similar things to many other parts of the game, it would be better off. That's the thing: People usually only play a mod if it's worth the time of installing. So a mod they'll play for 3 minutes, say "Oh, that's nice" then move along won't get far in terms of popularity. That's why gigantic content mods like Midas Magic or world-changing environment mods like the Immersive Interiors set do well. They make changes that are long-lasting and widespread.

I think your mods are great, and my computer can handle of them along with most other visual improvement mods. However, I don't very much care for them (and by them I mean visual improvement mods) anymore. For someone like me it's not about the graphical tweaks you can make to the game, but the immersion that can be added for the effect. And for me immersion doesn't mean "ohh look someting shiny! moar graphix!!!!!" I appreciate the more subtle mods that add smaller, no graphical details to the game. I acknowledge the fact from the very start that I have to suspend my disbelief where it involves graphics, but I do not have to commit myself to such a resignation when it comes to small improvements to functionality.

Now that I have a new rig for Skyrim that CAN handle these mods, and that you have drawn them to my attention, it would be simply rude NOT to get some of them. Or all of them.

I KNEW I was Geckoing clothing mods for a reason!

And compatible with Liquid Water too? Epic win!