Can't play Oblivion with HDR

cruz7911

It's probable that your graphics chip can't handle complex lighting in HDR mode. There are many varieties of "Intel HD Graphics" with the newer ones being better than the older ones. But none of them were really intended for gaming and might not support or struggle with advanced graphics technologies.

If you'd like us to analyse it further, run a DXDiag (Start Menu > Run > type dxdiag.exe ) and save the information somewhere. Copy and paste the information in a spoiler tag.

• 2 years later...

Finallly got HDR to work on Intel Graphics Family! using cancausecancer's suggestion I looked under \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\RenderInfo.txt and realized that the shader model was set on 2. I went to \Data\Shaders and swapped the file names of shaderpackage0002.sdp and shaderpackage0019.sdp. and that fixed the problem for me, hope it helps you guys out.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

Finallly got HDR to work on Intel Graphics Family! using cancausecancer's suggestion I looked under \Documents\My Games\Oblivion\RenderInfo.txt and realized that the shader model was set on 2. I went to \Data\Shaders and swapped the file names of shaderpackage0002.sdp and shaderpackage0019.sdp. and that fixed the problem for me, hope it helps you guys out.

I got this to work for me by renaming shaderpackage002.sdp shaderpackage0002.sdp, then changing the name of shaderpackage019.sdp to shaderpackage002.sdp, and then renaming shaderpackage0002.sdp (the original shaderpackage002.sdp) to shaderpackage019.sdp.