Fallen Earth MMO

WintersWolf

Hey guys,

Any of you playing Fallen Earth or looking to play when it goes Free-to-Play soon? Kinda feels like Fallout Online haha, if you haven't read about it yet look here - xxx

So any players hiding around nexus forums?

Link removed since it was passed through a redirect service with no way to verify the site being linked to without clicking it. Use the real link next time. Thanks.

- Vagrant0

I remember trying to sign up or trying to play this but never continued for some reason. You have to pay to play, right?

Now I remember, I got through the character creator, walked down the character down the hallway, got bored and then turned the game off and put FO3 back in and played that for 12 hours straight.

Edited by RadRich

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I hate F2P games, simply because the game then becomes all about micro-transactions. I really think it is a bad road for any game to go down-mostly because it is the road they take when their games is dying or not deemed by consumers worth paying for(worthless)

I played(bought) FE some time ago on STEAM for about 8EUR on sale-I played it a bit but found everything to be a lot below the par set by some of the competitors in the market. Played a few levels just to make sure I was not quitting on a knee-jerk reaction and that I fully gave it a chance to get better, which in my opinion it did not.

I hope you guys have better luck and find more enjoyment in this game than most people seem to.

Fallen Earth is an excellent game, of course it isn't to everyones tastes - you must however give it adequate chance, there is plenty of content that gets introduced as you progress through the game (Conflict Towns/Faction-based PVP, Progress Towns (player-mantained/run towns), etc). As for it being F2P, it works on a subscribtion based system with a microtransaction store which offers purely cosmetic items (most of which can be acquired in-game through some means for free). If you think it is the road they take when their game is 'dying' then you are very very wrong.

Fallen Earth is an excellent game, of course it isn't to everyones tastes - you must however give it adequate chance, there is plenty of content that gets introduced as you progress through the game (Conflict Towns/Faction-based PVP, Progress Towns (player-mantained/run towns), etc). As for it being F2P, it works on a subscribtion based system with a microtransaction store which offers purely cosmetic items (most of which can be acquired in-game through some means for free). If you think it is the road they take when their game is 'dying' then you are very very wrong.

Also most people who play this game and leave it do give it a proper chance. It just has too many lazy development elements for me.

Plus the development is being taken over by G1, buyer of dying games. If you don't know Gamersfist they are pretty much most famous for taking over development on, then dead game, APB. But that was not the only time they have taken over development on a dying a game, almost all the games on their website have been developed by a different company and taken over by G1.

Just read an interview with one of the FE developers that confirmed the games move to F2P. Changing development, moving to F2P, introducing micro-transactions and the consistent "low" server population.

These facts seem to agree with me that the game is on the brink and trying to boost the population in anyway possible(the usual tricks).

Though a good thing to be said is that the game will see massive pop' boost when it arrives in the F2P section on STEAM and if the devs can keep the newbies around then the games population problems should not be a worry for a bit of time.