fallout 3 player owned shop?

SilverNirvash

hey question guys. for those of you who mod your fallout 3 pc version. anyone know if there are any player owned SHOPS available to download? i know in oblivion there are a few player owned shops that allow you to sell your items over periods of time and even hire npc's to guard your shop and sell the items for you. but i've never come across one for fallout 3 or new vegas and i'm eager to find one. it strikes me odd to see so many extra possibilities in oblivion but no ones working as hard on fallout 3 or new vegas as they did with oblivion T_T

I don't think there is a mod with a player owned shop for FO3. I tried making a mod that does that a long time ago but since I knew nothing about modding I failed. Now you got me thinking about it again. Edited by Werne

awwww well that makes sense and doesn't make sense at the same time........fallout 3 came out AFTER oblivion and from what i can tell a lot of the things they put into fallout 3 officially like the companion was based on the companion mod made for oblivion. so you'd think fallout 3's capabilities would HIGHER than oblivions.......hmmm......couldn't someone...like the person who made one of the personal shops in oblivion just convert the data over to fallout and replace the meshes and textures?

this should would be a personal shop. the player owns it and uses it to sell his or her items. the best player owned shop in oblivion lets you hire guards and shopkeepers and decide what items to be sold and how stuff. the mod makes it really realistic for the player since there are taxes and stuff too. and the price the items sell for is determined by their mercantile skills and stuff.its a really well made mod. it also counts as a player home since theres a bed in the shop in the basement.

If it is mainly about current shops not having enough caps to buy all your stuff, pretty sure there are mods to improve this.

I think there might even be console commands to give merchants more money. Also noting that (for my game, at least) 'Pirate Pely's Boats'n'Bait' has a buttload of caps (several thou, if I recall).

Assuming you don't chuck in adventuring to stay on premises 24/7, you will also need to get someone to run things for you - hopefully that person will be both competent AND honest.

Edited by 7thsealord

If it is mainly about current shops not having enough caps to buy all your stuff, pretty sure there are mods to improve this.

I think there might even be console commands to give merchants more money. Also noting that (for my game, at least) 'Pirate Pely's Boats'n'Bait' has a buttload of caps (several thou, if I recall).

Assuming you don't chuck in adventuring to stay on premises 24/7, you will also need to get someone to run things for you - hopefully that person will be both competent AND honest.

well heres the thing. i dont like using console commands. especially to cheat like that. besides the oblivion mod makes it so that when the item sells an npc gets said item because they bought it. and because of that it appears in their inventory meaning all i have to do is look around till i find the same NPC that bought the item and there it is i can get it back either by stealing it or killing them or something along those lines. i dont like cheating but i will work for my caps you see. :P

well heres the thing. i dont like using console commands. especially to cheat like that. besides the oblivion mod makes it so that when the item sells an npc gets said item because they bought it. and because of that it appears in their inventory meaning all i have to do is look around till i find the same NPC that bought the item and there it is i can get it back either by stealing it or killing them or something along those lines. i dont like cheating but i will work for my caps you see. :P

W-e-l-l, some could argue that the whole thing of "Sell big to the merchant so I can rob it all back later" is kind of cheating too. Just sayin'.