Editing Mods *How Do I*

korenogamer

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could give some instructions on how to use the toolset to edit the stats on weapons and armor of downloaded mods for personal use. I just want to change the armor type and stats for differnet classes and playthroughs. I do not plan on sharing any changes I make. It would be for personal use.

Sorry, That is not helping me. I dont know what to look in. Unless I see a tutorial titled "Changing stats on another persons mod" or something like that, I dont know it its what i need. I am not interested in learning to do all kinds of moding... I only want to change the stats on armor of a mod I downloaded to match my needs.

Learning to mod Dragon Age requires learning a LOT about the files it uses, and how they are packaged, unpoackaged, edited, and re-packaged for use in the game. Some things (facemorphs) can be pretty easy to work with. Other things (spells, abilities, etc.) very complex. Modding items falls in-between.

You might be better served sending the author a message (mod comment thread or PM) requesting exactly the changes you'd like to see. Many authors are happy to make (what they consider) minor tweaks if asked nicely. :thumbsup: