Family

saadus

So you can marry NPCs.....just wondering if you can marry companions? Nothing has been said about that at least not that I know of. I would think not, but then again Elder Scrolls is do what you like when you like.

NPCs are companions if you befriend them .. Todd explained how they are going for less detailed companions but more of them .. so if your friend someone you can drag them along on quests.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can marry NPCs.....just wondering if you can marry companions? Nothing has been said about that at least not that I know of. I would think not, but then again Elder Scrolls is do what you like when you like.

NPCs are companions if you befriend them .. Todd explained how they are going for less detailed companions but more of them .. so if your friend someone you can drag them along on quests.

So basically anyone can be your companion?

The less detailed companions part kind of scares me seeing as your companions in Oblivion did nothing but follow you around. Truthfully though I'll be busy doing other things that it's probably not as bad as it sounds...I hope.

I guess in this case it's quantity over quality :/

Edited by SynysterShadows1213

So basically anyone can be your companion?

The less detailed companions part kind of scares me seeing as your companions in Oblivion did nothing but follow you around. Truthfully though I'll be busy doing other things that it's probably not as bad as it sounds...I hope.

I guess in this case it's quantity over quality :/

It could mean that they're just trying to give you a good number of companions in case a dragon has your gang for lunch. And if they characterize them less, you won't get attached to them as easily.

Whether that's a good or bad thing is up for debate, but I can see their reasons for doing it.

I think its more of a freedom thing .. marry whoever you want .. have whoever you want as a companion .. I like flushed out characters but when I'm playing a game and only one out of 20 NPCs has something to say then the game feels very empty .. the idea here is to make every character feel alive but at the expense of not having extremely detailed characters.

As long as our characters don't feel empty and like mindless zombies they can do whatever they want. It's good to have a variety of companions, I just hope they put enough detail to where the characters like I said don't feel empty. I guess though we'll see in 39 days :thumbsup: I just can't wait!

Not very exiting news. Profund characters is what makes companions...companions, they are over the random people.

It would be fine if it was really ANY character, but probably quest-related characters (who are the only ones instesting enough to take with you) will not be able as companions. People such as Vicente Valtieri, Baurus, etc.

So that leaves only random personalityless characters and shopkeepers.

Not very exiting news. Profund characters is what makes companions...companions, they are over the random people.

It would be fine if it was really ANY character, but probably quest-related characters (who are the only ones instesting enough to take with you) will not be able as companions. People such as Vicente Valtieri, Baurus, etc.

So that leaves only random personalityless characters and shopkeepers.

Personally have never found a companion in a game to be very well design anyways .. they always seem like scripted dialog trees that fight with me .. brainless .. I like them to have more options and be more interactive than be more detailed story wise .. a character can spew out lines of background dialog for days but its all crap in my ears unless they can offer a more interesting expiriance .. dragon age did a good job with this .. relationship development is very important .. and so long as they have good relationship development in skyrim I dont care if the NPCs have back stories .. frankly I tire of games that feed me to much story when I dont ask for it... a simple "I'm john .. I live in *insert town name* and I'm a barkeep .. your my friend so lets fight together" is good enough .. so long as its developed through the radiant story and radiant AI system .. meaning I have to earn his friendship step by step.

Edited by jedimembrain

Okay I think we were talking about having kids at one point. Here are the achievements for the 360, this includes 'getting married' which everyone knows you can. Now since there's not one for having children or something my guess is then having little yous isn't an option.

Potential Spoilers? I personally didn't think so, but enter at your own risk :excl:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/elder-scrolls-v/achievements/