i wounder if they have finished making the game

dvdxlr12

Unfortunately I'm going to have to go with yes. Anything left to do at this point is going to be marketing, shipping, and negotiations with various retail chains. I would love to think that they're still ironing out the kinks and bugs but bethesda seems to rush that part, as every other engine they've come out with has been rather buggy and very crash-happy (at least in my experience). Most likely bethesda set a late release date so that would have a late deadline as well. This allows for a safety net in case something happens making them produce late. Also, it seems to me as if bethesda has a tendency to stop everything once the game's engine and graphics and stuff is working. I would be a lovely thought to think that they receive feedback from beta testers telling them where bugs are that need to be dealt with but the quality of EVERY engine that they have put out tells me that they don't, apart from that I also have never seen a beta for ANYTHING that bethesda has EVER put out. If anybody has counter evidence of what I have said please PLEASE contradict me, I don't like being pessimistic but in this case I am forced to be.

Take note that the fact that the new vegas game engine is very stable and much less glitchy is not counter evidence. The new vegas engine is a gigantic improvement and debug of the FO3 engine, which is a gigantic improvement and debug of the Oblivion engine. The skyrim engine is going to be built from scratch and I look upon that with trepidation.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to go with yes. Anything left to do at this point is going to be marketing, shipping, and negotiations with various retail chains. I would love to think that they're still ironing out the kinks and bugs but bethesda seems to rush that part, as every other engine they've come out with has been rather buggy and very crash-happy (at least in my experience). Most likely bethesda set a late release date so that would have a late deadline as well. This allows for a safety net in case something happens making them produce late. Also, it seems to me as if bethesda has a tendency to stop everything once the game's engine and graphics and stuff is working. I would be a lovely thought to think that they receive feedback from beta testers telling them where bugs are that need to be dealt with but the quality of EVERY engine that they have put out tells me that they don't, apart from that I also have never seen a beta for ANYTHING that bethesda has EVER put out. If anybody has counter evidence of what I have said please PLEASE contradict me, I don't like being pessimistic but in this case I am forced to be.

Take note that the fact that the new vegas game engine is very stable and much less glitchy is not counter evidence. The new vegas engine is a gigantic improvement and debug of the FO3 engine, which is a gigantic improvement and debug of the Oblivion engine. The skyrim engine is going to be built from scratch and I look upon that with trepidation.

The NV engine was less glitchy than F3? o_O I think just about anyone would disagree with that at least on launch day .. it has been much improved by steam updates though .. Besides .. that wasn't bethesda :P

No they arn't done working on glitches and ports.. they will announce when they are .. they always do .. their is a team of over 120 people or so working on this game unlike the team of 50 for oblivion .. do they all just start working on marketing? .. no .. thats a smaller team . it takes less than a week to print out all the disks then about a week for shipping maybe two .. they are done with the game itself but I'm sure they are in crunch mode still and ironing out small things in these final weeks before they print out the first copies.