Make a Dead Island Nexus

link5063

Dead island is a fun game.

But no it won't be getting a toolset.

I remember the creators being asked about it and they said something along the lines "not that we have planned"

Although don't quote me.

I actually believe it would be much more popular if we could mod it though.

Can you imagine the epic survival maps? :D

The uber weapons of death?e

Ub3rman is correct though.

It has to have a toolset, official or not I am unaware. Dark0ne also has to like it for the most part :P

Personally I've modded Dead Island myself. Increased some of the damages, made it so I can carry 10 of each healing item (Comes in handy when dying!)

I also installed a few mods made by others that change the saturation, looks so beautiful now. One also removed the fog, looks gorgeous even more so!

However, these mods are tiny, easily made too. You just have to understand the codes in the src files. Most are straight forward.

This game is NOT easily modified and after playing the game, I don't believe that it will ever get a toolkit.

Also it's a multiplayer co op game. What if there's only mods on the clientside? Would that affect others? Would their mods affect their gameplay?

Or would you just get kicked/or banned from the server so you can't play with others?

I think it's best to drop this subject, a modding community can't be formed unless it gets a toolkit :/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...