Fatalmasterpiece

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Corakus

that wasnt my point at all...

Im not too sure exactly what my point is but it sure wasnt that...

I was trying to say that Bethesda does a good job of giving us an immersive world in which supernatural occurrences seem realistic...

my characters jumping high + running fast for example seemed perfectly realistic in the world presented to us by Bethesda.... just like the dragons, magic, and elves found in the same world

Edited by DunmerDruid

@Corakus I think DunmerDruid's post is spot on. Why should jumping 20 feet in the air be 'unrealistic' when I can shoot fire balls out of my hand, see people's body heat through the walls, slow down time, turn invisible, breath under water etc etc.

I wasn't referring to magic, I was referring to the fact that he only stated things that don't have a real-life counterpart, when there are many things in Skyrim that also exist in real-life as well, too many for me to even list.

Which is why in the op I state mostly gripes with factors that are evidently present in the preview, factors which have and are still problems since their last release.

They can't please everyone, but there are many flaws I wish they would stop overlooking.

No offense meant to you, OP. I was, admittedly, a bit cranky from doing homework and seeing the same complaints posted here and elsewhere over and over again for the past months. Your input was actually valid and well-constructed.

...Back on topic! On that note, I'm really hoping a lot of the graphical shortcomings are an Xbox exclusive, as well. This is the first time I've looked at a game's shadows and cringed a little...but that's easily improved on PC. Seeing darker dungeons might be nice; Nehrim has a similar mod in effect. I'm guessing they want to show off their pretty new dungeons since they hired several people just to design them. I haven't looked too closely at the armors; not much to say there. As for backpedaling, I believe an arrow shortage is a good balance for archery, but no idea if it will be a problem with ranged magic...

@Lowk

I agree it's hard to criticize the leveling system when we haven't even tried it yet. It's just hard to see something that was fun and innovative go to the wayside for something that seems more akin to most console RPGs.

I'm hoping those issues are not too hard to remedy in the Creation Engine. However, the AI isn't such a simple fix :/

arraggh. all of u, just shut up, seriously.

its been a while since i read so much whining in one forum thread.

the dungeons has too much light?!

the shader is too simple?!

he didnt said something like "who is there?" ?!

SERIOUSLY?!! wow. shut up.

Welcome to the internet

The Creation Engine is promising, and surely a step up from Gamebryo...too bad the AI has many of those same quirks regardless. I guess I place a lot of faith in the modders to do what they can.

It is a modified gamebryo with a new name. Doesn't seem to be anything special to me.

arraggh. all of u, just shut up, seriously.

its been a while since i read so much whining in one forum thread.

the dungeons has too much light?!

the shader is too simple?!

he didnt said something like "who is there?" ?!

SERIOUSLY?!! wow. shut up.

Seriously? We are addressing some of the issues with the game, and discussing them. How about you shut up and let us civilly discuss what we think is going wrong with the game.

Edited by antonkr