Should people without health insurance, etc. be allowed to die?

Deleted472477User

should the poor just be allowed to die?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming that all venues (finding a job/better paying job) churches/synagogues, friends and family, charity, etc have been exhausted, should the poor just be left to die?

• Yes, they obviously didn't do enough, and now it's their problem
    • Yes, they made mistakes somewhere, and should either dig themselves out or perish, and I expect the same of myself
    • No, it's inhumane and cruel
    • No, they're human beings, foolish mistakes and behavior aside
    • Yes and no, I'll explain below

My point is, the government policy is such that employers are motivated to create jobs ANYWHERE ELSE BUT here. THAT is what the Free Market Economy has done for the US.

I think your definition of a free market economy is quite different than mine. The free market is a market free from government intervention, such as things like a minimum wage. I agree that our government's policies are what sends jobs overseas, but in a truly free market, there would be no incentive to send that money overseas. We haven't really had a free market in quite a long, long time.

When we had a completely free market the country was nearly destroyed due to too much corporate power.

And what is happening now?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is seriously ridiculous now.

"What do you mean people don't have food? There are dumpsters everywhere!"

There are seriously people who think that now days, and some people posting seem like they have the same view.

Hey, look at the numbers just for a moment. In Europe they throw 40% of the Food, which produce was financed with subsidies(Taxpayer money) ends up in the garbage. And there are people everywhere which just take it when it was thrown away, not because they are poore, but because they are angry about that. And there is my advice for the "poor" which have conveniences which couldn't even enjoy a king hundret years ago.: Learn how to Survive, learn to watch out for your own.

But, as Victor Hugo said, Adversity makes men and prosperity makes monsters. Lazy, fat, greedy and effeminate monsters.

When we had a completely free market the country was nearly destroyed due to too much corporate power.

There are enough mechanisms in the constitution and the BoR to keep corporate power in line by checks' date=' balances and competition. What createt the great depression? Monopoly on Money, FED Paper Money. What did J.D. Rockefeller said about competition? Its a sin, because it ever allows one party to get strong enough to enforce power. But they protect their monopolies [u']now by law[/u].

Edited by Utyran

This is seriously ridiculous now.

"What do you mean people don't have food? There are dumpsters everywhere!"

There are seriously people who think that now days, and some people posting seem like they have the same view.

Hey, look at the numbers just for a moment. In Europe they throw 40% of the Food, which produce was financed with subsidies(Taxpayer money) ends up in the garbage. And there are people everywhere which just take it when it was thrown away, not because they are poore, but because they are angry about that. And there is my advice for the "poor" which have conveniences which couldn't even enjoy a king hundret years ago.: Learn how to Survive, learn to watch out for your own.

But, as Victor Hugo said, Adversity makes men and prosperity makes monsters. Lazy, fat, greedy and effeminate monsters.

There are enough mechanisms in the constitution and the BoR to keep corporate power in line by checks' date=' balances and competition. What createt the great depression? Monopoly on Money, FED Paper Money. What did J.D. Rockefeller said about competition? Its a sin, because it ever allows one party to get strong enough to enforce power. But they protect their monopolies [u']now by law[/u].

There are? Really? Wow. Coulda fooled me...... Seems to me that corporations have gotten even MORE powerful just in the last ten years. Maybe not directly, but, indirectly, through things like "Corporations are people too". Corporations can buy politicians. (as a matter of fact, they do just that.) Once you own the legislative branch, the rest doesn't matter.

Do you think the VOTER want free trade? Make it easier for corporate america to outsource their jobs? Did the american people want Obama's Health Care Reform?? (granted, a fair bit of corporate america didn't want it either, but, the insurance industry has some powerful lobbyists.....)

No one has the right to the fruits of someone elses labor. That includes medical services.

So you believe that if you can't afford medical services/insurance, whathaveyou, you should just let them drop dead? Perhaps offer them the pistol to end their pain and suffering?

So you think stealing from others to pay for things you can't afford is ok?

Stealing? o_O

Well, lemme consider this for a moment... Where do my tax dollars go that I don't think they should.....

Agricultural subsidies to megafarms that measure in the millions of dollars?

Subsidies to oil companies that have been posting record profits every quarter for the last couple years?

Payments to two-bit dictators in foreign countries?

Paying for unjustified wars?

Paying for the ordinance to blow up buildings, only to spend billions more rebuilding those very same buildings?

Providing lifetime pensions/healthcare to folks for serving a single term in congress?

Subsidies to "green" energy sources that aren't really green by any stretch of the imagination?

Well then, it seems that by extension, you could say that ANY form of taxation is "stealing".

You pay taxes. The government spends those taxes as THEY see fit. You really don't get much (if any) say in the matter. To compare your tax money going to a program you don't like to "stealing".... leads to the conclusion that EVERY tax is stealing, by someones estimation, as NO ONE approves of EVERY program the government spends money on.

Edited by HeyYou