Should people without health insurance, etc. be allowed to die?

Deleted472477User

should the poor just be allowed to die?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming that all venues (finding a job/better paying job) churches/synagogues, friends and family, charity, etc have been exhausted, should the poor just be left to die?

• Yes, they obviously didn't do enough, and now it's their problem
    • Yes, they made mistakes somewhere, and should either dig themselves out or perish, and I expect the same of myself
    • No, it's inhumane and cruel
    • No, they're human beings, foolish mistakes and behavior aside
    • Yes and no, I'll explain below

Making stuff up cuz it souds good in your head or supports your argument does not make any of it true. I teach several aspects of constitutional law at my office for trainees and i can tell you that you are wrong about the tenth amendment issue. you already revealed that you dont actually know anything about the constitution when you openly asked what violates it.

as far as the healthcare, i could give a million examples.

how bout the fact that there are more MRI machines in philly than the entire country of canada

or how bout the fact that the wait times are so long that many canadians go to the US for treatment.

last i checked, the wait time for a knee surgery was2 and a half years. and that was if you qualified.

to say that because the US is more broke than europe means that europe is not broke does not make any sense?

I didn't make anything up.

I do know a lot about the constitution, and I highly doubt you teach about constitutional law when you are not aware that the tenth amendment gives power to the states only if the power is not granted to the federal government. The constitution grants power to congress to pass legislation for the general welfare of the USA. I know a lot of conservatives like to throw around the tenth amendment, but there is more to the constitution then that.

WHAT? Are you seriously saying Canadians come to the USA for treatment? That is not even close to true. If you can back that up with even a speck of evidence, I would be surprised.

Actually, yes, it IS true. A fair number of foreign nationals come here on a regular basis to take advantage of our health care system. By and large though, those folks PAY for the services they receive. Of course,we have americans going to other countries for health care as well. Just depends on what specific treatment they are looking for, and where it is readily available.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making stuff up cuz it souds good in your head or supports your argument does not make any of it true. I teach several aspects of constitutional law at my office for trainees and i can tell you that you are wrong about the tenth amendment issue. you already revealed that you dont actually know anything about the constitution when you openly asked what violates it.

how bout the fact that there are more MRI machines in philly than the entire country of canada

or how bout the fact that the wait times are so long that many canadians go to the US for treatment.

last i checked, the wait time for a knee surgery was2 and a half years. and that was if you qualified.

to say that because the US is more broke than europe means that europe is not broke does not make any sense?

I do know a lot about the constitution, and I highly doubt you teach about constitutional law when you are not aware that the tenth amendment gives power to the states only if the power is not granted to the federal government. The constitution grants power to congress to pass legislation for the general welfare of the USA. I know a lot of conservatives like to throw around the tenth amendment, but there is more to the constitution then that.

WHAT? Are you seriously saying Canadians come to the USA for treatment? That is not even close to true. If you can back that up with even a speck of evidence, I would be surprised.

Actually, yes, it IS true. A fair number of foreign nationals come here on a regular basis to take advantage of our health care system. By and large though, those folks PAY for the services they receive. Of course,we have americans going to other countries for health care as well. Just depends on what specific treatment they are looking for, and where it is readily available.

Yea, ive heard of a lot of americans going to germany and mexico and south america for cancer treatments that arent approved in the US

I gotta go but loved it while it lasted - heyYou - stay vicious

Yea, ive heard of a lot of americans going to germany and mexico and south america for cancer treatments that arent approved in the US

I gotta go but loved it while it lasted - heyYou - stay vicious

LOLOLOL

Just for you. :D

Have a nice night. Or, whatever the correct time of day it is for you.:thumbsup:

Wow that is insulting

the tenth amendment says that anything not already explicit in the constitution is reserved for the states.

Of course, there are also several clauses in the fourteenth amendment that prevent socialized medicine. again im sure you diddnt know that

Yes many canadians come to the us for treatment because either the extremley long wait times, the canadian government has turned them down for treatment, or the drugs are not available because the canadian government cannot afford them.

this is common knowledge and you can find that out from a 30 second google search

You are doing that thing again where you assume something without any evidence and ask me to provide you proof because it stands in contrast to something you just made up cuz it suits your goal?

Its been fun fellas. I enjoyed this so kudos to all. alas i must get back to other stuff. My laptop crashed earlier after i created a list of 40 examples of why the european and canadian health systems are worse and failing and it erased it.

so maybe for another day then we can battle it out...

Nothing in the 14th amendment goes against socialized healthcare. The 14th amendment is mainly about citizenship rights.

If I could find something in a thirty second Google search, I would have already did that.

Edited by marharth

HeyYou

Corporations can buy politicians. (as a matter of fact, they do just that.) Once you own the legislative branch, the rest doesn't matter.

There is no point to buy off an politician if he hadn't the power to influence the market by laws wich protect their monopolies.

Do you think the VOTER want free trade?

I don't give a friendly smile about what the Voter wants, i care about what my customers want. Because i'am depentend on their spending. I get my income from their money, not from a goverment which pays with taxmoney taken by force.

Big Monopolies fear free markets because of that. They want power, competition is very bad for them.

PowderdToastMan

No one has the right to the fruits of someone elses labor. That includes medical services.

Absolutly.

But it is a right to fit for your own with your own labor. To fish and pick fruits for food.

Quetzlsacatanango

Any form of involuntary taxation IS stealing.

Hell yeah!

Edited by Utyran

HeyYou

Corporations can buy politicians. (as a matter of fact, they do just that.) Once you own the legislative branch, the rest doesn't matter.

There is no point to buy off an politician if he hadn't the power to influence the market by laws wich protect their monopolies.

That's why you buy off as many as you can. That way, you can get your pet legislation passed. There is a reason we have lobbyists that are paid 5 or more figures a year.

Do you think the VOTER want free trade?

I don't give a friendly smile about what the Voter wants, i care about what my customers want. Because i'am depentend on their spending. I get my income from their money, not from a goverment which pays with taxmoney taken by force.

Big Monopolies fear free markets because of that. They want power, competition is very bad for them.

Go ahead and keep outsourcing your jobs to china, and producing cheap products (in every sense of the word) and soon, you won't HAVE any customers. They will all be unemployed, and don't want your cheap products.

PowderdToastMan

No one has the right to the fruits of someone elses labor. That includes medical services.

Absolutly.

But it is a right to fit for your own with your own labor. To fish and pick fruits for food.

Quetzlsacatanango

Any form of involuntary taxation IS stealing.

Hell yeah!