Should people without health insurance, etc. be allowed to die?

Deleted472477User

should the poor just be allowed to die?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming that all venues (finding a job/better paying job) churches/synagogues, friends and family, charity, etc have been exhausted, should the poor just be left to die?

• Yes, they obviously didn't do enough, and now it's their problem
    • Yes, they made mistakes somewhere, and should either dig themselves out or perish, and I expect the same of myself
    • No, it's inhumane and cruel
    • No, they're human beings, foolish mistakes and behavior aside
    • Yes and no, I'll explain below

>snip<

The government wants your money. That's why the IRS exists. If you don't pay up, they will take it by force. That's the definition of robbery.

>snip<

I do not know how it works in your country. In my country my politicians will make a hard work to tell me what they will and will not do, just before an election. So what my gouverment does is what I have asked them to do. :tongue:

Doesn't happen that way here in the states.... The politicians promise many things in order to get elected, then, once in office, its a string of excuse of why they can't do that "at the moment". Of course, 'the moment' will never come. Our politicians have made a career of lies, deceit, and manipulations, so that they may keep their cushy jobs, and line their pockets with more taxpayer money. Not to mention the 'perks' of being in office.... lifetime cadicallac health care, retire with full pay. All this, for four years service. You won't find that kind of deal ANYWHERE else on the planet. Of course, that's what you end up with when you put them in charge of their own payroll, and benefits package. There is just something basically wrong with a body that can legislate ITSELF a pay raise every year.

There's an old adage here in the states: "How can you tell when a politician is lying?", answer: "His lips are moving."

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>snip<

The government wants your money. That's why the IRS exists. If you don't pay up, they will take it by force. That's the definition of robbery.

>snip<

I do not know how it works in your country. In my country my politicians will make a hard work to tell me what they will and will not do, just before an election. So what my gouverment does is what I have asked them to do. :tongue:

Apart from those who are too busy fiddling their own taxes like the new Prime Minister :tongue:

>snip<

>snip<

Apart from those who are too busy fiddling their own taxes like the new Prime Minister :tongue:

If you refer to our new Pime M. she says she´s innoncent :rolleyes: (and I believe in Santa Claus too) :tongue: I´m just trying to tell that all those rants about gouverntments doing this and that. It seems like we forget we have put them in power ourself in the first place.

That was way off topic so I better put my statement on this subject. :whistling:

No. No one should be left to die in the gutter, as long as we have the equipment, doctors, nurses, knowhow, hospitals, to save someones life. No matter the reasons or costs.

Money and life are values that can never be compared, nor hold up against each other.

"Not my fault! It is my money! Take care of your self!" I call that "Democracy by the inch" We all want the benefits of being together in a society, but why pay for the things we never use?

I allways drive in the inner lane, why should I pay for the 2-3 other lanes? Etc, etc.

That it has come this far that people should be left to die, and it is ok, is only the latest innovation in this our very selfish society.

>snip<

>snip<

If you refer to our new Pime M. she says she´s innoncent :rolleyes: (and I believe in Santa Claus too) :tongue: I´m just trying to tell that all those rants about gouverntments doing this and that. It seems like we forget we have put them in power ourself in the first place.

That was way off topic so I better put my statement on this subject. :whistling:

No. No one should be left to die in the gutter, as long as we have the equipment, doctors, nurses, knowhow, hospitals, to save someones life. No matter the reasons or costs.

Money and life are values that can never be compared, nor hold up against each other.

"Not my fault! It is my money! Take care of your self!" I call that "Democracy by the inch" We all want the benefits of being together in a society, but why pay for the things we never use?

I allways drive in the inner lane, why should I pay for the 2-3 other lanes? Etc, etc.

That it has come this far that people should be left to die, and it is ok, is only the latest innovation in this our very selfish society.

I completely agree with you btw (I just couldn't resist the little jab at the Gucci Queen there :biggrin: )

What people are trying to get at here though is that there is also a bigger form of selfishness going on too that needs to be addressed - people not doing their part to contribute and I see a lot of it going on in Denmark for instance (I've been here nearly ten years now) through a co-worker I met two people in their late 50's - both on heroin substitutes, neither having worked a single day of their entire lives yet you should hear how they rant about money (as though they actually worked really hard for it and earned it)

Both of these people are being kept highly dosed, basically until the day they die as there is no effort being made to lower their dosage and get them clean - both have been on this stuff for over 25 years. Not only do I see that as a terrible insult to their dignity, it's also a horrible and insulting abuse of willing taxpayers money.

>snip<

I completely agree with you btw (I just couldn't resist the little jab at the Gucci Queen there :biggrin: )

What people are trying to get at here though is that there is also a bigger form of selfishness going on too that needs to be addressed - people not doing their part to contribute and I see a lot of it going on in Denmark for instance (I've been here nearly ten years now) through a co-worker I met two people in their late 50's - both on heroin substitutes, neither having worked a single day of their entire lives yet you should hear how they rant about money (as though they actually worked really hard for it and earned it)

Both of these people are being kept highly dosed, basically until the day they die as there is no effort being made to lower their dosage and get them clean - both have been on this stuff for over 25 years. Not only do I see that as a terrible insult to their dignity, it's also a horrible and insulting abuse of willing taxpayers money.

"Gucci Queen", lol. I wondered how you new we call her that, but I can understand that you live and work here for the moment

Well, I don´t know if this will be off topic, but this whole thread has been slightly derailed a few times :whistling: so I give it a shot.

Anyway you speak about some subsidiced drug addicts, and now is the question, will we allow them to die or not, should they have a live in dignity. Well I think that will be a whole new thread, since drug abusers, alcoholics and others who are addicted to some kind of "drug" need special treatment, and I admit we are not good at it.

To the topic: if one of them are laying in the gutter, half dead, and needs help, I still think that they should be given all the medical care the system can provide, even though none of them have worked a single day of their lifes.

That they speak about "their rights" "and we do not get enough" is simply their attitude. They have no normal network, no job, they got to manifest them self (the little they got) somehow.