Merging Clothing Mods

moxica

I just need some clarification.

I have 12 clothing mods that I want to merge into one.

They're just clothing, no quests involved or anything like that. The only thing is that they are located in different chests and stores all over the place.

So here's my question-

Can I take each mod, remove the textures and meshes from them, place them in their respective folders inside a new data folder, make it into one mod by using OBMM, and expect to see the clothing in the same locations as they were when they were in their original mods? Or is that what the original ESP's do?

Another option is to do the same thing, but instead of using OBMM, I use Gecko and merge all of the ESP's together?

I haven't had much success with Gecko, but I'll give it a try if that is more feasible.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, suggestions, and/or help!!

I just need some clarification.

I have 12 clothing mods that I want to merge into one.

They're just clothing, no quests involved or anything like that. The only thing is that they are located in different chests and stores all over the place.

So here's my question-

Can I take each mod, remove the textures and meshes from them, place them in their respective folders inside a new data folder, make it into one mod by using OBMM, and expect to see the clothing in the same locations as they were when they were in their original mods? Or is that what the original ESP's do?

Another option is to do the same thing, but instead of using OBMM, I use Gecko and merge all of the ESP's together?

I haven't had much success with Gecko, but I'll give it a try if that is more feasible.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, suggestions, and/or help!!

I do it another way. I load all files with Tes construction set without choosing an active file. Tes construction set warns about inparent forms. After having loaded the esps I put them in a seperate backupfolder. After this I go to "combine loaded plugins" in TCS and a new esp is created in this way (suggest to name:clothes.esp). After this the only thing to do is aktivate the esp in obmm or oblivion. All clothes are in the chests or in the location. For security I clean the new esp with WyrnBash, but this isn't really needed.

You can merge everything together this way. I merged Hair on Races, a couple of CM-companions together and clothes(I wanted them to wear in the beginning), Houses, Locations, and whatever you want.

Some friends of me use this tool, but i never tryed out.

Edited by Harvald

Hey, thank you both!!

Savage- I had your site in my favorites list until I got SecuRom on my pc and had to reformat. I lost track of your site, so I'm very happy to have heard from you!!!!