Vault 87

darkjediknightmare

I have an idea that I've been toying with for a few months now: it has to do with Vault 87. It's the only marker on your Pip-Boy map that you can't travel to because of the high radiation.

The story starts shortly after "Broken Steel" with the Lyons' Pride going through the D.C. ruins, hunting down and killing all Super Mutants. Well, they're ambushed by a large patrol that has a sixth unseen Behemoth with them that knocks them all out and takes them to the Vault to be "processed" into Super Mutants. Kodiak is the only one left behind and he makes his way back to The Citadel, where he tells Elder Lyons what happened.

A member of the Brotherhood or Donovan from Reilly's Rangers tracks you down and tells you haul ass back to The Citadel (I suggested Donovan because the BoS sought them out to form an alliance and he would know how and where to find you).

You arrive at The Citadel and speak to Paladin Tristan and follow him to speak to Kodiak. He tells you what's happened and asks for your help, as he's dying and won't make it much longer. You heal him, but he'll never be the same, so he becomes a Scribe under Rothchild.

Bowditch has developed some very high-tech, rad-resistant armor that will allow you to enter Vault 87 to rescue Sarah and the others, while Rothchild has found some old, yet well-preserved (and highly experimental) weapons and explosives hidden in the bowels of The Citadel. These items will destroy the Super Mutants once and for all. Sadly, you could lose Fawkes as a follower because he's a Super Mutant and he would volunteer to blow up the Vault. You talk him out if it, of course, but he decides to wander the Wasteland afterwards, seeking knowledge and a possible cure for his condition.

Let me know what you guys thinks.

Sounds like a very good and solid idea that would be a blast to play through. Wish i had the skills to make this happen.

Attention those that do...................Can/Will you do?

I'll see if I can PM some people as well.

Good luck with this

Thanks for the assist. I have a few more ideas based on a couple of the add-ons, too. Anything that's actually done, though, I'd like to see the cap level raised for the game, have new perks added, and new customized/variant weapons added to make the game even more exciting.