Bringing companions along for adventure

Fornhed

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Skyrim supposed to have a target system so you stop hitting your allies as much as you did in Oblivion?

In which case, sure, feel free to have a bunch of NPCs awkwardly bunched up following you.

I havent heard that one. Hope your right, during storyline i accidently killed Jauffre O.O

Least Baurus didnt die, his awesome :D

Edited by TheMysteriousTraveler

Isn't Skyrim supposed to have a target system so you stop hitting your allies as much as you did in Oblivion?

In which case, sure, feel free to have a bunch of NPCs awkwardly bunched up following you.

Perhaps it'll be like Dragon Age, following in a diamond shape? Actually, nah. Bethesda will probably just limit the amount of characters you can have following you again.

companions do nothing but get in my the way. lone wolfs ftw

Yeah i always felt that way about companions, i like being a loner even in the virtual world :P. My companions in oblivion did nothing but stay in my house all day. Least Eyja has company ;)

In Bethesda games I always end up wanting more than 2 companions no matter how much they get in the way. If you wanted, let's say 5 companions, Bethesda would have to make it where they actually do something other than stay close or keep their distance from you. They would have to acknowledge a situation for EX: if you're sneaking up to someone's camp and you want to raid them, it would be a smart thing to have someone lying in wait in the bushes or something and attack from afar and have someone back you up if you get cornered. I mean let's just face it, having 5 companions and trying to sneak up on someone, wouldn't exactly work seeing as they would attack on sight and just ignore everything else. In games like Fallout, your companions just attacked on sight and just kept whatever distance you told them to. They were pretty much just mindless zombies.

So companions.....make them smarter and more aware of their surroundings. I certainly don't want to be sneaking at night and have my companions start shooting at the nearest enemy...

In Bethesda games I always end up wanting more than 2 companions no matter how much they get in the way. If you wanted, let's say 5 companions, Bethesda would have to make it where they actually do something other than stay close or keep their distance from you. They would have to acknowledge a situation for EX: if you're sneaking up to someone's camp and you want to raid them, it would be a smart thing to have someone lying in wait in the bushes or something and attack from afar and have someone back you up if you get cornered. I mean let's just face it, having 5 companions and trying to sneak up on someone, wouldn't exactly work seeing as they would attack on sight and just ignore everything else. In games like Fallout, your companions just attacked on sight and just kept whatever distance you told them to. They were pretty much just mindless zombies.

So companions.....make them smarter and more aware of their surroundings. I certainly don't want to be sneaking at night and have my companions start shooting at the nearest enemy...

Hmmm you have a good point....