Bringing companions along for adventure

Fornhed

I wouldn't mind having some disposable heroes. I love the idea of commanding red shirts. I used to send mage apprentices to their doom all the time. On that note, having an animal trainer would be cool. I'd love to send a swarm of 20 mudcrabs and rats off to their doom. That and have a pet bear. I would name him "Pookie."

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i probably will though since i'm usually a loner it have to be part of the story i make up.

in a secret council being held in the keep of Winter run...

"you have only one choice... Alduin must be destroyed" - Todd Howard

" that is an impossible feat... "- Sean Bean (imperial)

"did you hear nothing Todd Howard just said? the dragon must be destroyed!" - modder3434

"and i suppose you think your the one to do this?!"- racist nord

" i can... and i will!"- modder3434

" i will be dead before i see this task fall into the hands of a dark elf!!"- racist nord

" stop bitiching, you can all go... you shall be called the Fellowship of the Dovakinn!!!"- Todd Howard

so if i get some companions i'll make it feel like an epic adventure with a goal to rid the world of evil, like in LOTR.

Completely depends on how retarded the AI is. It will likely be highly suicidal and idiotic but if they manage to get companions to act more intelligently than cave mold I may consider using them. In Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Oblivion I avoided them like the plague because they would more often than not get in the way. Ideally if they can act tactically depending on surroundings, weapons, and enemy types similar to lets say Dragon Age Origins I would love to have my own group of adventurers. Perhaps even a large group of 5-6 like the Fellowship with increased difficulty to compensate of course I like a challenge. Would be neat to see my rag tag band of brothers working together to bring down a dragon on the open tundra. Edited by NAPALM13092

If one is allowed by default I guess it will be pretty easy to up the number in the CS. I love companions, Oblivion was a lot more enjoyable when I played it with a companion mod; that mod was voiced and quested and was about a troubled Argonian, though i cant remember his name... He sneaked when you did, and acted quite reasonably in combat. I never found companions to be a problem in FO3 or FNV either, quite to the contrary. 2-5 companions + increased spawn mods = epic crazy battles. I can't see why it would not work in Skyrim. If they implement FNVs companion controls (which i think is a no brainer) you can have them be passive, not take the first shot, stay at a distance, heal themselves et cetera. Quite nice if you ask me!

So yeah, I want followers to come a long with me, I hate games where the hero (who is not superman) conquers everything by his damn self. If it really is implemented well into Skyrim that you can make random people and quest-givers your friends and then take them along that is great in my book, that enables me to "ironman" roleplay it, ie no quick-load when your follower(s) gets it. Just find some other people you can persuade to come along. I like this sort of "emerging stories" that just happen by nature of the game mechanics, and your attachment to the NPCs you bring along.

Maybe I just wish more games was like Jagged Alliance 2 :P I am a sucker for managing characters.

Completely depends on how retarded the AI is. It will likely be highly suicidal and idiotic but if they manage to get companions to act more intelligently than cave mold I may consider using them. In Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Oblivion I avoided them like the plague because they would more often than not get in the way. Ideally if they can act tactically depending on surroundings, weapons, and enemy types similar to lets say Dragon Age Origins I would love to have my own group of adventurers. Perhaps even a large group of 5-6 like the Fellowship with increased difficulty to compensate of course I like a challenge. Would be neat to see my rag tag band of brothers working together to bring down a dragon on the open tundra.

DAO's AI was only tolerable if nobody had any AoE spells. Otherwise your party members will be killing each other all the time by doing things like cast a fireball at an enemy when you're right next to them...

Completely depends on how retarded the AI is. It will likely be highly suicidal and idiotic but if they manage to get companions to act more intelligently than cave mold I may consider using them. In Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, and Oblivion I avoided them like the plague because they would more often than not get in the way. Ideally if they can act tactically depending on surroundings, weapons, and enemy types similar to lets say Dragon Age Origins I would love to have my own group of adventurers. Perhaps even a large group of 5-6 like the Fellowship with increased difficulty to compensate of course I like a challenge. Would be neat to see my rag tag band of brothers working together to bring down a dragon on the open tundra.

DAO's AI was only tolerable if nobody had any AoE spells. Otherwise your party members will be killing each other all the time by doing things like cast a fireball at an enemy when you're right next to them...

Oh god, I remember that. I played the game on hard but still disabled friendly fire just because they would do s*** like that. Companion mods in Oblivion are the same way with spells and bows.

Edited by NAPALM13092